Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like logical thinking. Work smarter not harder.

Glad to hear you're still hanging in there.
My dad always said, "Keep moving so the buzzards don't zero in on your stinking remains."

Sorry for the delay Smallfoot,, Sent the last 2 transmissions out for the year and been a little under the weather. Call you tomorrow to see whats going on. Glad to see you doing well. Tobby

Sounds like logical thinking. Work smarter not harder.

Glad to hear you're still hanging in there.
My dad always said, "Keep moving so the buzzards don't zero in on your stinking remains."

Ain't that the truth Pops! It's funny how when ya get older the easier it is to get around that idea!

Small update and good reviews

Done a few things since last I posted. Finally got around to running my pipes out back and put some "Peel & Seal" in the cab. Repositioned my speakers....now I can hear my music a little better.
The pipes went pretty easy. I kept the old flex up front...but redirected everything over the rear axle and straight out the back. It really changed the sound...went from hotrod to indy ....:eek: I turned the 90 that was heading out on both sides and went up to another 90 then crossed the axle and straight out between my tailgate apron and the bumper. I know a bunch of people would be saying ditch the flex pipe but I got a sort nostalgic connection to them. Bought thru a jc whitney catalogue in 1973....been on 4 of my vehicles and they haven't let go yet!
Also put some radiator struts up front too but can't remember if I posted those.
Anyhoo, fixing to cross the 9000 mile mark with this old girl and no problems yet!

Smallfoot ,, I have to say I really like this truck of yours.

just oozes so past in its style nice work ....

Thanks ya'll. I'm lovin this truck more and more every day. It's now my daily driver. I hardly crank my c10 unless I have to haul something...:rolleyes:

And in just three years

Great job, glad your enjoying your hard work. [cl

Attachments

• smallfoot.jpg
    smallfoot.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 17
I'm pretty impressed with the stuff. Got it at Lowe's about 17 bucks a roll and I just got into the 4th roll doing the inside of mine. I tested the top pretty good out in our sun...nothing letting go yet at all. It does cut down on engine/road noise pretty good. The only down side I've noticed is it's bright in the cab and tends to make me squint even with shades...

I'm pretty impressed with the stuff. Got it at Lowe's about 17 bucks a roll and I just got into the 4th roll doing the inside of mine. I tested the top pretty good out in our sun...nothing letting go yet at all. It does cut down on engine/road noise pretty good. The only down side I've noticed is it's bright in the cab and tends to make me squint even with shades...
Couple cans of flat black, or better yet, brown, should fix that. Carpets would just be so wrong... :D

Last edited:
Go to Wally World and get one of those cheap exercise mats and use it for a floor mat. They're thin and bend easily over humps. Then do like Skip said, paint over the other P&S that's still showing to kill the reflections.

I had the interior painted with equipment gray and liked that color scheme. Hadn't really thought about painting over the P&S. In my few times of painting aluminum, I etched the aluminum with vinegar first. Would that be a good effort on that stuff?

I had the interior painted with equipment gray and liked that color scheme. Hadn't really thought about painting over the P&S. In my few times of painting aluminum, I etched the aluminum with vinegar first. Would that be a good effort on that stuff?
As the instructions say on the spot remover, try a small area to see how it works. I'll bet there were a few scraps.

I was actually thinking just blast it. Some may rub off, but for the most part the shiny problem would be solved.

Grey etching primer maybe? I remember we used some ugly green zinc chromate primer on aircraft back in the 60s. It stuck well. I just checked. It is still the go to.

Just looked thru all you posts as I just recently started a 31 Model AA rat rod build. Nice job!! And it gave me some ideas. Hope you don't mind if I u some of your methods as I work thru my build. Awsome Rod!

Latest posts

Back