36 Dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Diamond is starting to live up to it's name sake . I finished getting the bed painted and mounted . We had our first sunny day for what seems like weeks , so I took the opportunity to roll it outside for a few pictures . I still have a ton to go on everything , waiting on the seats to come in and all the interior has to be finished along with the electrical . Maybe next week the headers will be coated . But this is what I have so far.

HPIM1136.jpg

HPIM1137.jpg

HPIM1138.jpg

HPIM1139.jpg

HPIM1140.jpg

Going to have to go back to a statement I made earlier..... "I thought rat rods were supposed to be kind of ugly". Wow that is a beautiful truck!!!

Boy you really nailed it ! [cl The cowl stretch sure improved the proportions as well as the new bed. I went back to look at it when you got it and by comparison it was stubby and awkward looking - now it's a real standout. Well done !!

Boy you really nailed it ! [cl The cowl stretch sure improved the proportions as well as the new bed. I went back to look at it when you got it and by comparison it was stubby and awkward looking - now it's a real standout. Well done !!

Thanks and the BONUS is , we have leg room to now ! Both me and my brother are 6-2"+ and tip the scales at 230+ and we both fit comfortably . That's very important to me , this truck is not a bar hopper it is ment to be driven

Gregster,That is one cool ride.I have got to take you up on your invitation to swing by your shop and visit.It's cool knowing a guy that can do awesome work like that lives close to me.Great Job and your ride in the background of one of the shots is one of the baddest rides i've ever seen!!! Hope to see ya soon!!!![cl:D

lookin real clean.. The more I work on mine.. the more i feel like i should paint it..

lookin real clean.. The more I work on mine.. the more i feel like i should paint it..

Don't bow to the pressure , unless you want to . I didn't paint my model A , We wouldn't have taken this one this far except the previous owner had already painted the cab and we didn't think it would look balanced with a painted cab and raw bed . I do like the painted traditional rod look , but I also love a nice aged patina . None the less I have really enjoyed this project so far and would do it all over again if my brother asked .

Very nice. Looks totally different from when it was bought. Nice work! I hope mine can turn out that nice.

Brother to the Gregster

Don't do it Greg, don't listen to these guys. You can't adopt anyone or take on another brother------I am the only Brother to the Gregster----It is me------------THE RUSTBOTHER-------:D

Grill emblem

I just purchased a nice little Dodge Brothers grill emblem for the truck. It looks to be the perfect size. I held it up today for Gregster to look at. He said it looked great!! [cl

Well sorry it's been so long since the last update . I have been on eternal hold for parts . I did manage to finish the headers , get the guages installed , shifter and the insulation installed in the cowl area . We are putting a heater in also , I figure why not it has windows , we might as well take full advantage of the situation . The big hold up now is for the seats . I will start all the wiring next week .

HPIM1171.jpg

HPIM1172.jpg

HPIM1167.jpg

HPIM1170.jpg

HPIM1169.jpg

HPIM1168.jpg

Latest posts

Back