36 Dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a little "mini-build " within the build . We ordered a set of muffler baffles from car chemistry , here is the assembly process . I'm sure this is pretty basic for most of you but I thought I would post it anyway .

HPIM1158.jpg

HPIM1149.jpg

HPIM1150.jpg

HPIM1151.jpg

HPIM1152.jpg

HPIM1154.jpg

HPIM1156.jpg

HPIM1157.jpg

HPIM1159.jpg

The pipes look AWESOME!!! How does it sound? The actual headers is that all a custom build (besides the mufflers) or is that like a kit you got to build them?

They are a speedway kit , after they were welded I used brass to smooth the transitions on the pipes so they would have a smoother finish and then coated them with Eastwoods exhaust coating . I have not cranked it yet , so I'm hoping they will sound good .

Awesome !! Very nice build ... Utube the Eng./exhaust sound !!
I've been gathering parts for some time now and
That is how I want my truck to stance..

You're gonna have to get flood lights and one of them car turntables for when you show it! I know that's not your style, but you get my point; beautiful job on the Dodge.

No Bob , a turn table display is not in our future . We are getting ready for the world of wheels show next week here in Birmingham , I was thinking of using police line tape around all our cars and trucks, it seems more fitting !

New to the site, but not to restoration work. Just wanna chime in to say thanks for posting up your build - lot's of fun I'll bet. Looks great!

Just read thru this build and I absolutely love this truck. I'm getting ready to start on a 35 Dodge truck and I will be coming back here alot for inspiration and ideas. You do excellent work.

Great Build!

I noticed that the truck has a spring behind front axle with it being mounted under the frame instead of a suicide mount. I see you mentioned it is a Speedway axle, but what drop amount is it?

I'm looking forward to the rest of the build.

Latest posts

Back