Another New Tool........shrinker/strecher

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T2T

Still running with scissors!
the smallest town in the smallest county in the s
Well we bought a shrinker/strecher from Harbor Frieght..............Not bad for the price, but very difficult to work. It has a long lever in the back that needs a lot of pressure with one hand and leaves one hand to work the metal. We came up with this set up, foot operated. What do you think...........??

100_2665.jpg

100_2661.jpg

100_2662.jpg

That's really ingenious Mr. 2 Tone. I have those same two tools and know what you mean about pulling those levers. That V8 theme is a very cool touch too.

I didn't know HF sold things as cool as the stand those are on. That has to be the coolest tool stand ever. Nice work. I am not a huge fan of HF stuff, but if somebody who turns out stuff like you do, uses their stuff, it must not be too bad.

I Love mine except....

The hand pump at times. I have a set of Shrinker/ Strecher also but mine does not have the foot pedals.
I was trying to think of a way to put a set of pedals on, so THANK YOU for the pictures, I know it has too be better then the hand pump way when your working on a long part. Do they just sell the base or would it be easier to Fab up my own set of pedals?
Don

Here is my version of the T2T model..... I still have to put on the pedals, and rods. Thanks T2T.
Feels good to be back in the shop, even for a few hours at a time.
shrinkerstrecher.jpg

Latest posts

Back