todays metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

decided to make a new lower cowl replacement panel for the passenger side.since the new sedan i got had new panels to use as a template. one on the left is my panel one on the right is one that came on my car
001-48.jpg

002-43.jpg

003-37.jpg

004-34.jpg

Looks great. Did you hammerform the rounded lip over a wood form and then shrink it?
What shrinker stretcher do you have?

no i didnt hammer form it, i used my bead roller with a tipping die and rubber lower die. then stretched the upper flange to give it the convex curve.

i have an old shrinker/ stretcher name unknown, and a cheapo set from hf

say what

Once again the corn man puts out some cool panels.[cl
Is your die serrated to make the interesting pattern to the beads on that panel??
have fun
Tom

no again it is just a standard tipping die up top and rubber wheel on the bottom. the rubber wheel allows you cross lines with out messing up the original

Sorry maybe I asked the wrong question[S

I understand the rubber die bottom. It is the rope pattern the die make not the diamond pattern with lines crossing each other.
have fun
tom

Attachments

• die.jpg
    die.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 183
made this box to cover up the air management system in a customers truck, still need to make the louvered notch cover and louver the sun visor. here is what i have got so far
003-43.jpg

008-28.jpg

011-20.jpg

made this box to cover up the air management system in a customers truck, still need to make the louvered notch cover and louver the sun visor. here is what i have got so far
003-43.jpg

008-28.jpg

011-20.jpg

Nice work , i'm thinking it would make a great looking tool box for my 64 , but i guess it would not be very water tight ::D

frenchy,

i could roll that out on any material and in any size grid pattern to suite your needs. just let me know the details and i can get you a quote.

scuba,

the box can be made more water tight if you are interested in one, i could weld a panel under the louvers, or use weld bond adhesive and put a piece of aluminum under it to keep it from rusting. i can make it any size and design. louvers or some designs rolled into it, ie. flames, tool outlines, or a logo.

Latest posts

Back