Show me your welding helmet and welder.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
Just thought I'd post some pictures of my new welding helmet it's a Miller Ultra digital. 3 mode settings grinding, cutting, and welding. Adjustable shade from 3-13. And cool graphics. Cost less than a visit to the ER from burning your eyeballs up.

Bonehead should like this it has Skulls! :cool:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Here's the welder I use most Lincoln Pro Mig 175. I'm pretty happy with it.

008.jpg

This is the old gun for the heavy duty stuff. Lincoln Idealarc 250 I have no idea how old it is but it will probably last forever. My father-in-law gave it to me when he quit farming. It has reverse polarity,AC, DC and infinite amp adjustment.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Mine!

Ok... here's mine! Both my mig & plasma cutter are both 110 & 220!

Attachments

• aces8s.jpg
    aces8s.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 103
  • welder.jpg
    welder.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 75
  • extreme.jpg
    extreme.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 61
Cool stuff fellas. I'll try and remember to take a photo of mine tomorrow. In the meanwhile, Bonehead can post the rest of his welder collection :D

My Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma. Hey Tripper, how do you like that portable Miller Plasma? I was thinking about buying that one. But got this one instead.

I love it & use it all the time for stuff I never even thought of. I'm usin' it right now buildin' a metal fence in my back yard.

Mere's my Miller helmet.....

My trusty Millermatic 250 MIG. Use it a lot.........

And my older than dirt gas rig...............

And my Hypertherm plazma............

So tell me about the hypertherm, likes, dislikes? I'm looking at a 45 right now, they say it's the cat's ass, just wondering what someone who actually owns/uses one has to say...

So tell me about the hypertherm, likes, dislikes? I'm looking at a 45 right now, they say it's the cat's ass, just wondering what someone who actually owns/uses one has to say...

I like it when I use it but I tend to forget I have it and do things the hard or old fashioned way sometimes. I can tell you this, there have been cutting jobs I've done where nothing else would have worked but a plazma cutter. When I needed to cut the body off of my Anglia without ruining the paint or outer sheetmetal, nothing else would have cut it (pardon the pun). I haven't really used other brands, so I have no comparison. But I like this one.

I have the hypertherm 1000, and so far it is a great machine.

Here is my old Jackson hood, I have probably owned several dozen different hoods, but I have a few that have been really good. Not an auto hood, but it is my spare now. Flames on it were before everybody had flames.

jacksonhood.jpg

I started welding with a welder like this one 35 years ago, and still own one. The new ones are not quite the welders the old ones were. I built cattle guards for the oil field, and took the money and bought a new Miller big 20, and a 1 ton truck. Then I really went to work.
stickwelder.jpg

Latest posts

Back