Show me your welding helmet and welder.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got too many helmets. The 2 on the right are regular Selstroms. The other old one was my dad's, can't get rid of it now that he's gone.

006-1.jpg

Heres my Jackson auto. Good for arc too dark for me for mig.
007-1.jpg

heres mine some of them are just old junk but i cant get rid of them each one has a storie behind it and all of them are an old buddy of mine frome a different part of my life and you cant just throw that out in the garbage

Attachments

• 2 babbys.JPG
    2 babbys.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 39
  • hard ducttape.JPG
    hard ducttape.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 33
  • old reliable.JPG
    old reliable.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 22
  • welder.JPG
    welder.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 41
  • ducttape.JPG
    ducttape.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 26
the first two are my babys the second one i had when i worked in the cole mines the third is just my old reliable the last helmet yes it does have duck tape on it I took some grinding stone shrapnell to the head when the stone exploded good thing for the hard hat that might have of left a mark
it took me clean of my feet when it happend

and also my 110 welder i was looking a getting a newer bigger welder but i bought a house with a shop in the back yard insted

Another one of mine, Lincoln Ranger 8 portable welder, ( gasoline powered).
It has a big loop on top, where I can pick it up and put it in the back of my truck when I need to.
ranger8.jpg

Check my sweet helmet out guys. I went with a satin faded black. No decals. I wanted to go with a traditional look and i think i accomplished it, what do u guys think haha:D

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 67
Here's my stuff:

My stick welder, got it at an auction for $50. Works great and I can't describe how satisfying the sound it makes when you turn that power switch on! Anybody know why the 70A setting is circled? I don't.

IMG_1084-1.jpg

My new 220v mig welder. I just got it set up for mig, I've only flux welded with it so far. I'm extremely happy with it, can't wait to mig!

IMG_1082-1.jpg

My new helmet that I LOVE! I just upgraded from a ten year old flasher helmet. My advice, don't skimp on your welding helmet! A good one is safer and makes welding soooo much easier.

IMG_1085.jpg

Here is my arsenal.I got an old HF helemet.I just got the New digital one,"Luckys Speed Shop" and the Plasma extreme a couple of weeks ago.There is my trusty Miller 210 and my much used now Makita Chop saw with the carbide blade.I havent had a chance to use the new helmet or the Plasma just yet.I am so used to using the old helmet and cutting metal the hard way I forget that I have them.

WeldingArsenal.jpg

OK then. I guess I will have to take some pics of my hood and welders.

My hood is a huntsman with the big window. I have a jackson auto darkening lens in it. I bought this hood 18 years ago when I was an Ironworker.

As to weld machines I have a Hobart 135 and a Miller 212 and 2 miller 350 p's and 5 robots and 2 custom weld machines, you will need pics to understand, that cost around 2 million each.

No I am NOT joking, 2M each!

I will take pics and get them posted.

welding

Heres' mine Esab...Stick. fantastic little machine, but long for a Esab "Multimaster 160"/ stick, mig,mag, and Tig! But!!! They don't sell them in Sweden??!! they're no CU marked??? but ok in US???!!! Strange rules in this country:(

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my new welding helmet it's a Miller Ultra digital. 3 mode settings grinding, cutting, and welding. Adjustable shade from 3-13. And cool graphics. Cost less than a visit to the ER from burning your eyeballs up.

Bonehead should like this it has Skulls!

001.jpg

002.jpg

I'll have to get some photo's of the lincoln cv500's and 600's at work, and the old cigweld and even older plasma (at least thats what i think it is?)

As for helmets, i use your standard $25aus BOC flipface for crappy work, and have a $350aus Weldclass MACHII (grinding mode, shade 9-13) still in the box haha that i will begin using when i start doing TIG work, or a big job that needs both hands.

That helmet Bonehead has with the bone conrods has an awesome viewing window size by the way!:D Thats part of the reason i got the machII, most of the cigweld helmets have a viewing screen that's like looking out of the side windows of Tripper's tudor!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back