Yes its a panel, but can anyone tell me more?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
So pops was up Friday to my place and said that I shouldn't have bought the 54 (AKA Bertha). He said I should have got this old panel out of the trees back on the farm. I completely forgot about it..... I have known it was there for as long as I can remember but haven't seen it in forever. None the less its mine if I ever wanted to go get it. My sister was at the farm yesterday so I asked her to go find it and get some pictures. I am unsure of the actual condition, these are the pics that she got for me. Next time I head for home I will detour by it and get the real scoop on its well being.

So dad says its a 40 something ford. Can anyone shine some more light on this??

20140728_130522_zpskc7oyvag.jpg

20140728_130548_zpsr0oqhpsx.jpg

2014072895130619_zpsl0yc3grr.jpg

2014072895130634_zpsu3pg1ynk.jpg

due to the shape of the rear fenders I would have to agree..... Just didn't know if anyone else had any different ideas. Would a door and front clip from an F1 pickup fit it?

Agreed on the Ford ID.
Front clip from a truck should fit as well as the doors.
There are differences between years on the front fenders but if you got a complete clip it shouldn't matter.
Be interesting to see if that body has any floor left in it.
I know on GM panels of that vintage that the running boards are the same as the trucks. Not sure about the Fords though.
(Edit) After a quick search I have found out that the Ford panel running boards are different from the pickup but are still available.
Torchie.

There is a difference on the hoods as well but should be the same dimensions. on the doors , did some have frames around the roll up glass and other did not?

49 - 50

Yep 49 or 50 ford look at the end of the dash no door but looks right to me and hinges look 49 or 50.
Go get it build it lol

52 fordman

I think I am going to motor down and check it out tuesday. I was telling one of my buddies about it and some how the conversation turned in to it is his and that he is getting it. I tried explaining to him that no it is mine, and I just wont tell him where it is. Then it is he wants me to give it to him as a wedding present. Then I explained to him again that no, I am not that nice. He tried for quite some time to talk me out of this till I finally just said drop it, if I decide to not do anything with it, I will let him know. He got a little huffy about that.

Kind of interesting what some people try to talk you out of. The other side to this is I know how his projects work. He will sit on it for 6 months, never do anything with it, decide he can't do anything with it, burn holes in it with his welder then try to sell it for a mint, then sell it for $50. Not going to let that happen to something my Grandpa used to drive...

I don't want to be mean to the guy, and he is one of my best friends, but I just know how it will turn out. Besides, he has never tried to do anything like that, doesn't have a place to do it (lives with is brother), he doesn't have the funds to support a project like that. Love the guy to death but don't want to let him play with this. I think he needs to start with a project that is not as severe..... everyone needs to start some where but I don't think that this is a good spot.

Well I went and saw it on Monday night. Not as bad off as I thought it was. Floor is gone. Probably because apparently it was wood. All in all I think the box is pretty savable. Roof is a little wavy. Would take some good patch work but probably worth something if I can come up with a way to get it out of there. Unfortunately it was too dark and too close of quarters to get any good pictures.

IMG_20140818_202918_741_zpsvfn87icd.jpg

IMG_20140818_202900_039_zpse6sw978e.jpg

IMG_20140818_202936_362_zpssuipbuvj.jpg

IMG_20140818_202745_011_zpsrnhikmxn.jpg

Nice poison ivy in the last pic.

Fortunately I don't get poison ivy...... Walked around the thing in shorts and sandals...

Are there back doors? That would kind of make or break it for me.

If the doors are there they are piled inside..... but I don't think they are there.

So what did you decide to do?

Get down there with a jack, pick it up and get a better look. Right now I think if I am going to do anything it is move it to a more secure location. It is sitting next to a big dead tree that could fall on it at anytime. If I am going to rescue it I can only do it during the fall after crops are off.

Latest posts

Back