1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Lost...lost in the sands of time...never to be seen again except in my mind..."(singing)[cl

attachment.php
gold, you out there gold?

Attachments

• bighead.gif
    bighead.gif
    22 KB · Views: 106
Hey guys. It's been a while sines I posted. The summer has been busy. I have spent a bunch of time on other projects. My Jeep is torn apart with all of the fenders, bumpers and armour off to tho powder coasters. I have managed to put 9000 km on the bike. Dialled in the programmer on the cummins. I had lost a bunch of power so was chasing that for a while. Found it! Spending weekends camping.

I need to get the Jeep back together for winter, and get my furnace installed in the garage. It is cooling off here already, so I'm under the gun.

I am going to rejet the bike. Running a little lean. I bought an air fuel gauge set up so I can get it dialled in. Looking for more power now.

Once I get all that done winter will be on me. Then it's back to the Rat Rod![cl

I think I'm buying an aftermarket steering column. After all my modifications I found the column shaft is to thin.:( oh well. Lessons learned I guess.

Looking forward to getting back to the truck.

Torchie! That is looking awesome. I need to look in DR's build and see if he is tearing up the streets yet. Last I looked he was doing test drive!

Welcome back brother.

Good to hear from you Gold :D
Jeep torn apart? How unusual. Sounds like a "Jeep Thing" to me.
Glad that you have been riding and stuff but you better get it in gear with the furnace. As somebody says "Winters coming" We are experiencing cooler fall weather as well.
Just cause your not building doesn't mean that you can't comment. Look forward to hearing from you again...
Torchie.

Sounds like you are super busy, glad to hear you are making headway on all of your projects!
Would be cool to see the jeep after all your powdercoating!

OK, it's time to get after this one again. I have been trolling here a little keeping an eye on Dr and Torchie. [cl Well done guys. I've never been so busy in my whole life. Just got back from Arizona road trip. I don't know how truck drivers do it, that stuff is hard to do now that I'm over 50.

I picked up one of Speedway steering columns. After all the work I did building one, this thing costs about $160! Real nice quality. I also picked up a laker header kit. That should keep me busy and finish the trip to insanity.

I hope to have a gas fitter guy instal my garage heater next week. :) No more frozen fingers.

Time to put the bike away. Still need to change the clutch in the Jeep. Darn:( I found a Luk replacement clutch. That's original equip. In the Jeep. Box is marked made in China. :eek: I shouldn't be surprised.

I need to figure out where I left off on the truck... And relearn to weld!

It's about time gold.:D
Don't know about you guys but we woke up to a couple of inch's worth of fresh snow this morning.:(
We are expecting regular posts from you again.[cl [cl [cl [;)
Torchie.

Here is how the Jeep looks. Same as before...just less rust. The fenders and armour are from a company in Cali. They offered powder coating when I bought the stuff, but I needed to do some modification and had it coated locally... three times now:mad:Still gotta replace the clutch and exhaust. Spent the day cleaning the garage out and rearranging the crowd of tools so I can get at things a little easier this winter.

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpg
    IMG_2308.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 27
Thanks Old Iron. It still needs a new clutch installed as well as exhaust and brake pads.

Here is a shot of the garage after yesterdays house keeping. Look at all the ....room:roll eyes:

Attachments

• IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 50
Progress! I finished welding in the new front cab mounts. No big deal, but I want to get back to my one hour a day routine.

Its a slow burn, but the fire is coming back. Spent some time today removing exhaust manifolds. Went better than expected. Broke off two bolts on passenger side. manifold was seized to the bolts. Tried the red hot, then cold air blast, then a shot of some solvent crap. Finally got them out with a pair of vice grips.

Started working on the laker header kit. going to be a PITA. I know, Torchie advised me to buy a set, but I couldn't find ready to go headers set up the way I wanted. So here I go[;)

Sorry for the lousy pictures.

I am going to go with the down pipe and muffler under the cab on each side. I keep looking at large V-twin mufflers from a bike. This old flathead isn't built for power and speed so it can't hurt any more thant he exhaust that was on it.

Attachments

• IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back