Hello from sunny SW PA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robber grin

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I happened to find you guys one day while looking around the web for some inspiration.

We live near Pittsburgh in Youngwood.

My current build is a 62 C10 short wide with big back window, 283V8, TH350, stock frame with newer front cross member and static dropped 5 1/2" front - 6" rear. I just finished up the bed and buttoned it up until the cab work is done and I can put it back on the frame.

I've always loved old cars & trucks and though I should have grown out of it by now - I doubt I ever will.

Now I want to build a rat in the worse way.

Bob aka robber grin

Thanks guys - I truly appreciate the hospitality!

Bruno - Here's some "in progress" pics of my 62... Bed is off the truck again so I could do the floor. That wood is hundred year old Southern pine that came from 2 x 12 rafters over the old Westinghouse plant in East Pittsburgh. I got it off a local salvage guy and my buddy Harry planed it down and fixed it up so we could make a bed floor out of it. Raised the floor 3" in the box to clear the differential.

I can't really afford a "real" paint job so it will be gray epoxy with some pin-striping.

Doing everything we possibly can at home in our garage with mostly used parts and a lot of my 17 year old son Ray's help.

It's should be a fun little truck if we can ever get it done.
rg

Attachments

• PA110409.jpg
    PA110409.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 20
  • P7220657.jpg
    P7220657.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Welcome

Welcome to RRR Robbergrin…:D
Have spied on your build on the 60-66 board… Glad to see another truck guy here...:)

Welcome to the forum. I am from your neck of the woods, Jeannette, Latrobe, Greensburg, Belle Vernon, etc. Haven't lived there since 82 though. Driven through Youngwood many times in my life.

Nice looking truck. You will enjoy it here, lots of nice people and no drama.

Don

Hey Don Thanks for the warm welcome!

The cool thing is my Dad's family is from Ft Myers!

I love it down there!!! My bride is from this end and we've been here for @ 20 years so far.

Thanks again / stay cool.
bob

Welcome to RRR Robbergrin…:D
Have spied on your build on the 60-66 board… Glad to see another truck guy here...:)

Thanks Don - yeah it's me. Working out the back up lights and so forth these days.

Thanks Sam - I appreciate the warm hospitality.
bob

Attachments

• P8190704.jpg
    P8190704.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P8190703.jpg
    P8190703.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 3
I probably would still live in Pa if it wasn't for two things...........the overly restrictive vehicle laws there, and the snow. I see that Pa now has lifted some of their restrictions on modifying cars, so if they can now do something about that white stuff...............:D:D

Don

Welcome RG, beautiful looking truck, and nice work on the bed!

Great to hear that it's a father/son project.

Thanks Bill - Ray is a GREAT kid and he's into it. So I just try to keep him involved with the decisions and the especially the labor!!

Finished the bed wiring and tail-lights this weekend and added factory back up lamps.

Started the passenger side cab floor work.

Looks like kicks, rockers, & corners on both sides... yee-haw.

Attachments

• P8220705.jpg
    P8220705.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
  • P8220710.jpg
    P8220710.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back