That time of year again..........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbigpicture

Please stand by.......
Haven't had that one but have had good luck with Mr. Heater in general. been using a radiant heater for 25 or so years, still heating :D

I have had one of those in my shop for the last four years. Had a couple problems with it but there warranty is great and they sent the replacement parts fast. The furnace really likes to be clean inside, so before winter you have to make sure to blow them out real good, get rid of all the dust.

Thanks for the info DozerII
Thanks Soltz, had mine a little over twenty years, just don't
want to put any more money in it.....

anyone else have any suggestions?????

At my former address, I had a forced-air furnace designed for crawl space applications and minimum clearance. I placed the furnace a few inches from my shop's floor where I felt it served its purpose best. (Why heat from the top down? Heat rises, doesn't it?)

I have a heated floor now (best money I ever spent) ... anyhow, I believe in "bottom-up" heat no matter the source or type.

Thanks Dr....yeah, hind sight is 20/20 they say, heated floor
would be nice.........at the time I was just hoping to be able to
get the building closed in...$$$$$ also considering a forced air
furnace and I like your thoughts on mounting.....
again thanks Dr............

look for a natural gas furnace out of a mobile home.

they feed air in the top and blow it out the bottom, put it on stilts and
make a bottom duct that blows the air out towards the open shop area.

a friend had one years ago and it was about 18" square and 6 ft tall, heated his 3 stall garage for just pennies a day

Latest posts

Back