Lone Star Roundup April 9-11 - Austin, Tx

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok cats in & around Tejas... here is one of the best shows in the Lone Star State with tons of enties, bands & lots of kool peeps! Bill Gibbons & Jimmy Vaughn show their beautiful cars & dudes & dudettes line Congress Ave Friday & Sat nite for a HUGE cruise-in. Live music is king with Betties galore. Registration is now open... be there or be sq!!!

http://www.lonestarroundup.com/

BoB

I wish i could be thre looks awesome:(

Smoke... it's a really kool show. Austin is a beautiful hilly college town that is also Tejas' capital. The Colorado river flows right through downtown & these are several lakes with awesome roads & beautiful scenic views & it has an unbelievable music scene. The show is put on by the guy who owns the Continental Club... a rockin' music & dance club on the main drag Congress Ave (he also has a beautiful 60's Caddy with huge airstream trailer). On friday & Sat nite... peeps line the streets with their persons & hot rods &... the show begins!!! I usually cruise from dark til midnite. Peeps come from all over place & it is a REALLY good time. Last year we stayed til Monday & Sunday nite we saw a rockin' All-Star band at the Continental Club for a measly $5... I couldn't believe it. They were a Western Swing band called Haybale. The singer & guitar player was a Nashville studio musician that got fed up & moved to Austin. Some of the other guys have played for Brian Setzer, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Junior Brown etc! We saw them for $5... what a treat! Tons of cars... tons of our kinda peeps! A GOOD time is had by all! Hopefully I'll see some of ya there!

BoB

dude, where is Jimmy Vaughn gonna be at? At the continental club? Do you know what times? IDK. Im hoping you know more than me. That dude is a badass!

dude, where is Jimmy Vaughn gonna be at? At the continental club? Do you know what times? IDK. Im hoping you know more than me. That dude is a badass!

Unfortunately Jimmy won't be playing but always shows his multi-car collection.

Tripper I'm hopin' to make the show this year where is a good place to stay?

Typically it's hard to stay close to the club this close to the show & I usually stay with friends. Last year I stayed up in North Austin near I-35 & 183. That puts you about 10-15 min from the club & cruise area & about 20-25 min to the show area. Try to make it... it's a really kool scene!

BoB

Working

Still workin on my 51,everything looks to be good so far..this is the one show i wait for every year..

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 8
Ok so how do we get to be there?

I mean we have been trying to get somebody form the show to talk with us. We are a magazine and would love to highlight this show. If you read this and know somebody at the show please help us with getting in contact with the right people. Thank you. We tried the phone numbers and email from the website plus facebook. Which has not worked so far. Thank your time. Have a great day. May the metal goddess smile on you. :)

who is going to the lonestar roundup this year? I am bringing 5 folks along from here in hobbs and I know tripper will be there lets se some RRR faces [cl

Latest posts

Back