If you can't laugh at yourself

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Iron

The wife's 05 Silverado wore the front brakes out. The indicator was broken off so, we never heard the warning and it ruined that rotor.
Got a set of Wagner pads and two new rotors.
I backed out of the shop and the drivers side growled at me [S:confused:
Back in it went and someone put the drive's inside pad on backwards :eek: :)o that be me:eek:)
I have only told y'all on this site so, if it gets back to me, I'll know where it came from [ddd
I will never wonder how anyone could do such a ridiculous thing again :p

p.s. It took me a minute to click the Submit button :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0219191121.jpg
    0219191121.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 98
I would have laughed harder if I hadn't done this EXACT same thing less than a month ago. Humdrum maintenance on the daily, not paying attention. it happens! Haha. :D

I'm with Soltz....takes a big man to admit his mistakes and laugh at them.....cause lord knows a lot of us have made them!

I have a young friend who is a great mechanic and traditional hot rod builder. He likes to use my truck because it gets better mileage than his. I don't use my truck very much so it is no problem lending it to him. In return he does all the maintenance and repairs on it. A really good deal for this old man.

Since the... ummm... incident, I'm not allowed to work on my wife's brakes.

Yeah. Sure, Crank.:eek:
I had a guy that worked for me and his wife was always complaining that he didn't do the laundry.
So one day he did it.......
His story is that he mistakenly turned the dial in the wrong direction thus breaking it. His wife never asked him to do the laundry again......:eek: [ddd
That's one way of getting out of chores.......[ddd
Torchie

anyone ever forgot to pump up the brakes after installing new pads....? and find out about that while speeding full throttle towards a busy crossroad... ? :rolleyes:

Yeah. Sure, Crank.:eek:
I had a guy that worked for me and his wife was always complaining that he didn't do the laundry.
So one day he did it.......
His story is that he mistakenly turned the dial in the wrong direction thus breaking it. His wife never asked him to do the laundry again......:eek: [ddd
That's one way of getting out of chores.......[ddd
Torchie

"Tampering" with a washing machine is different. I'll take the fifth and leave it at that. [ddd

Old Iron: I've screwed up the simplest things myself. I'm somewhat ambidextrous and therefore, easily confused. Right side up, left side down, write with my right, swing with my left... turn the work end for end or left for right, anything can happen!

Guilty.

I did the same thing on wifes Hyundai. Didnt realize it until she came back from Orlando, a 120 mile round trip, complaining that one side was making a funny noise. ooops.

In '75 there was a low mileage '72 F100 Ranger XLT listed for sale at $1,500 that needed brake work done.
Dad and I headed to Green Forest Arkansas when we got there the truck looked new. The owner said they had installed new brake shoes and they couldn't get them to quit locking up. I pulled the pass side drum off And they had install both long shoes on that side and both short shoes on the drivers side, I corrected the issue and 15 minutes later we drove off in it.

Latest posts

Back