59 impala

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59imp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

howdy everyone, so here goes, my name is chris but my friends call me mo and I've been around cars most of my life. my old man was a mechanic, taught me how to drive his 55 chev tow truck when i was 12, in 75 i was 15 and raced a 50 ford flattie on a 3/8 mile dirt track, i've had cars, trucks, bikes, boats, fords, chevs, dodges, if it has an engine and makes noise i like it. i got out of the car thing for a while, travelling, and whatnot, but my old man got sick and died a few years back, he was a good f 'n guy and my hero, you all would have liked him, strong and quiet, and loved cars, all cars. so i ended up with his last project, one he never finished, a 59 impala 2 dr, he bought it from the original owner in 77, i drove it once then, he pulled the front clip to do some repairs and it sat for 30 yrs, until this past August, when i got it runnin', so with a full tank and the first 30 miles in the past 30 years, i headed to oregon to see some pals, 75 mph and 18 mpg on the freeway, 10 days on the road, so about 2000 miles in the past few months. it's been a blast drivin that fat bugger even if it is 4 different colours, right now i don't care..........

296.jpg

3771.jpg

pics215.jpg

pics217.jpg

Welcome to RRR 59imp. That 59 looks like it's in super nice shape. Is that body as nice in person as it looks in the pics. All that trim is hard to find these days. If I were you, I don't think I could ever let go of that car with it being your dad's last project.

Welcome to RRR 59imp. That 59 looks like it's in super nice shape. Is that body as nice in person as it looks in the pics. All that trim is hard to find these days. If I were you, I don't think I could ever let go of that car with it being your dad's last project.

thanks for the welcome Gas.
it does look pretty good in the pics,and the very first time i fired it up was pretty emotional for sure, but it's a 48 yr old car and it has some issues that need looking after, i was just so happy to finally get it running I don't want to get into a total restoration right now.
my Dad had some rear quarter patches put in, and I replaced quite a lot of the front sheetmetal, but other than replacing consumibles, it's an original 21,000 mile car, the engine, tranny are all untouched originals.

mo

Welcome to the forum. What a great story, thanks for sharing it with us. You can bet your Pop is riding shotgun with you and smiling the whole time. Nice little Chev.

Don't be a stranger. :):)

Don

Welcome!!!

Imp,
Welcome to the forum!!! Gotta love that Imp, no matter how many colors it is... that is easily taken care of! I always loved drivin' my old man's cars after he passed... it's a great connection! Love those mags too!!!

BoB

thanks for the welcome guys, i'm looking forward to attent some rod runs/cruises in the pacific northwest this summer, Wa, Ore, Id, hope to meet some of you out on the road...

mo

3771.jpg

1931.jpg

3291.jpg

6061.jpg

Lucky!

Imp,
I love your '59! Those are beautiful cars and you're lucky to have that connection with it! Don't ever sell it!

ISore

A great car. My Grampa had one, Bright Red and lots of chrome. I loved that car. Yours brings back great memories. Welcome to the site.

Imp, What great ride, plus the history makes it that much better. If you get to the Spokane area let me know.

hey cycledog, after i got the imp running i spent a week on Whidbey visiting an old buddy and his family, then a few days in Hood river. this year i'd really like to go to the Unfinished Nats in Elma, have you ever been??

mo

Welcome to RRR, 59imp !!! Nice car with an awsome story behind it. I know your dad's smilin' down on you & in the shotgun seat with you everytime you have it out.

Latest posts

Back