latest bonehead metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I feel like I am the tip of the iceburg on this site. I am amazed at what turns up here. As far as my back, things are already looking much better 2 months in to a 6 month recovery. Thanks again.

I was looking for skull shifter pictures for somebody and couldn't find them so here they are again. It is kind of like why I own so many tape measures, I have a better chance of finding one then.
1shifterchoice.jpg

Thanks for bringing these to the front. I hope I can convince the little woman I need one for my birthday!!!

Cow skull!

Thanks for bringing these to the front. I hope I can convince the little woman I need one for my birthday!!!

Bob,
I'm glad this came back up too & indeed... u *need* a Bonehead shifter knob!!! I had the Bonehead make me a cow skull shifter knob (it's a Tejas thing) for my '41 project. This sucker's gonna be put to use very shortly, ck it... it's awesome!!!

cowskull.jpg

BoB

That is a truely unique and beautiful shift knob. No one else will ever have the same one. I suppose I'll have to get a Gopher head for mine! Nah, I'll come up with something better.

Hey Bone how are you feeling? are you back to 100% yet? im still working on the 46 and getting closer, have had some medical issues that have set me back a little but will post some pics of the progress soon.. just wanted to check in on ya.

Thanks for asking. I am spending more time in the shop, than here at the computer now. I probably won't hit 100% ever, but I am off all the pain meds now, and in physical therapy. Overall, I am feeling really good. I tire out pretty quickly, and am sore from trying to build muscle back up. I have no doubt that 6 months from now, except for the lack of movement, I will be back at everything. (for those who do not know, I had emergency back surgery in early September. I had two vertebra fused with plates and screws in the front, and the back of the spine.)

Banjoman, sorry to hear that any of us have medical issues. I know how it is when you have all the "want to", but just can't work on a project. Hope you are doing better too.

Are you able to drive your truck (the one in the Avatar)? It would be a shame to just look at it, even though it looks great. From the pics on this thread it is obvious you are a metal artist that can do both large and small. I got some seat cushions for a Bobcat (new rejects) that are formed with the vinyl bonded to the foam. And I've been stymied about how to frame them. I hope you consider it a compliment if I "borrow" from your spider webbed seat frame design.
Bob

My seats were made to fit the padded covers from the popular poly seats. But right now that is not enough. Even if it was I can't quite bend down enough to get in. I have already cancelled out taking it to one of my favorite shows this year. I will be a spectator. That's okay, cause I will get better soon and will be driving it. Thanks for the comments on my metal work.

Use the design and credit me when people ask you about them.

I know it is not a hotrod, but it is a metal working project. A friend of mine bought a fixer upper jeep, and I am 4 linking the front end for him and building a cage. This is a picture of the jeep, in his shop. the rest of the pictures are my shop.
alink94.jpg

Latest posts

Back