Gauges

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenny c

Been thinking about gauges for the 49 and was wondering what others have found works and holds up for the money. I'm leaning toward a gps speedo 6 gauge kit. I was wondering about marine gauge kits. Do marine speedos have odometers?

V D O and others

there a little pricey but l have had no problems with my VDO ones.

if the rod vibrates or shakes there are some companies that make liquid filled ones that l have in my street legal race car and they are nice.

Quickcar, Autometer, AccuTech and Stewart Warner all have quality stuff.

Livorsi's guages are installed on the world's finest performance boats if you are looking at boat ones.

Later:cool:

I'm using Autometer 2 5/8" white face gauges in my shop truck.
They make a 5" gps speedo that I plan on using.

I used Stewart Warner on my '48 dually. the old gauges are good but the new ones are junk.

Attachments

• IMG_3491.jpg
    IMG_3491.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8
I bought my SW wings gauges a few months ago. I think I made a mistake because all I keep hearing is that they junk.:mad: Guess i'll find out soon enough. Will probably run idiot lights for the volt, oil, and temp gauges just to be safe.

I'm running a set of SW that I bought off of eBay used. They were built back in the 70's-80's, I just kept buying two or three or singles until I had what I wanted. The ones I didn't need I sold back on eBay to cut my investment to nearly nothing. Going to end up with more in new sending units, I chose all electric gauges, than I have in the gauges themselves.

Thaks again for the replies. I will probabaly go with a complete set that is new. Since I'm running a mustang trans I may run a programable speedo /six gauge kit. The programable set ups seem to be much cheaper than the gps systems. i was wondering if any one has used Dolphin,Autometer'Haneline,Speedhut,etc..

Latest posts

Back