Jeep

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parts413

Started building a tub a few months ago. I wanted a rat rod, but something different. Wish i got more pictures of when i was building the body but.

IMG_7903.jpg

IMG_7904.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

Still needs a lot of work but had to store it outside so in the booth for some primer.
IMG_7912.jpg

IMG_7935.jpg

Started building a frame last week

IMG_8001.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

IMG_8004.jpg

IMG_8003.jpg

IMG_7999.jpg

Nice work on the body... I have seen a few really cool jeep rods what are your overall plans?

Man I like that... Didn't envision a roof on it but that makes it very cool

You know for those of us that have had or still have jeeps that chopped top helps solve an age old question. Where do I put this thing when its off so it dont take up so much space and wont be in the way?

[P

You know for those of us that have had or still have jeeps that chopped top helps solve an age old question. Where do I put this thing when its off so it don't take up so much space and wont be in the way?

[P

well i don't own a jeep but i do own a bronco and one thing i have discovered is if you put the top on 2 saw horses it makes a good shed. my Honda 250 is underneath a bronco top right now:)

nice build so far man you got some good fabrication skills.

hell you could make jeep replica bodies and sell them to all the rock crawler guys in moab if you really wanted

I enjoy the company of those smelly old Flat Fender Jeeps for sure. Your tub looks wonderful so far. You should make them for the vintage Willys Jeep guys out there. I am new at the vintage Jeep stuff but you have got a eye for these tubs.

MikeC

i came across these a little bit ago. thought id share them.

Attachments

• 41070_1309555593977_1683226330_600206_5243272_n.jpg
    41070_1309555593977_1683226330_600206_5243272_n.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 36
Like this one. I do not remember were I got this picture, Could have been on this site. but I like the way this one was done.

Attachments

• Jeep rat rod.jpg
    Jeep rat rod.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 40
Welcome to RRR! [cl

Your work looks fantastic so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.

One of my old friends has two "flat hood" Willys Jeep hotrods, which he had to rebuild from scratch (new tubs, the whole works). There's a picture of the "blue" one in the "seat belt buckle" thread in the tech tips forum.:cool:

Was a fair bit of work, from what he tells me...even with flat panels and no compound curves!:D[;)

Look forward to this, looks like you're heading somewhere different.[P

Regards,
Shea:)

thanks guys. Should have some updates tommorow, I always forget my camera though so well see. That blue jeep looks really nice. The tub wasnt too hard to make, but it would have been a lot easier if i had something to go off of. I pretty much just looked at pictures online and made what i thought looked right and fit to what im going for.

Latest posts

Back