new comer from Rhode Island

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenny c

Hi; I'm new to the site and new to being on forums. i'm not sure how to go about it. I'm a welder/fabricator that has built a few bikes and now I thought I would try building a truck. I started with 4 1948-52 truck cabs and not enough to make a whole one. so far I have put together what I have and chopped the top and doors 5 inches and the rear window 3. I still have to build a floor and firewall. frame and suspension is yet to be sorted out.

Welcome from MI....

Nice to have Ya..... just check the posts, plenty of info on how to get them pic's on...... sounds like a cool build....[P

Welcome to RRR! Sounds like a cool build. Waitin' for pics.... [P

Any ideas on the frame and suspension? Homebuilt 3x2 frame? Suicide front axle and 4-link on the back, I'll guess. Look through the builds, there are a lot of good ideas to be found.

Still watin' on those pics! :D

The pictures may need to be resized. They can not be more than 1000x1000 pixels and not more than 250kb.

48 pickup

a few details. 302 from 2000 explorer with 4bbl and early distributer, t-5 trans from 94 mustang, 9 inch from lincoln versailes, bed is 39 ford pickup, front end is 32 heavy with stock factory drop, frame will be 32 ford style but z'ed front and rear built from 2x4x 1 eighth tube.no fenders. grill is undecided as of yet.

picture of 48 pickup

trying this again

Attachments

• RESIZED DSC00022.jpg
    RESIZED DSC00022.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back