off topic engine swap question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenny c

My daughter cooked the engine 2000 nissan quest van. was wondering if anyone has any experience with changing one. it looks like it may go out the bottom with the transmission attached easier than out the top with just the engine. oh this is the same as a ford windstar. thanks

Usually you can unbolt and drop the whole cradle/subframe from the front of the car. I did pull the motor and trans out the top of a cavalier together though it probably had a lot more room.

I dropped the entire cradle with engine and transmission down out of my Caddy and it was a huge job. So much had to be disconnected. But that is pretty much the only way to do it and I suspect yours is similar.

Don

Thanks guys. I got ahold of a nissan mechanic and he said it goes out the bottom also and luckily I have an engine from a pickup that will fit. It's a 3 liter instead of a 3.3 but I was told it will work. now I've got to get to work.

you going to replace a side ways engine with a pick=up engine ? didnt know you could do that .. I would figured all the motor mount holes will be in the wrong place or missing [S

Latest posts

Back