The Little Things

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soltz

The Rat Captain
Can get you :eek:
So I bought the new DD knowing it had a miss at idle. Tune up I tell my self :eek: not so easy. After find water in #4 hole i'm thinking head gasket, right-wrong. but i didn't find out until after i changed the head gasket, so on the second tear down i looked a little closer at the head. how could i have missed it:confused:

Just a little crack but what a big effect.

crack_zpskd3ryilk.jpg

On a good note I did get it lowered [cl

Lowered201_zpsctdcbh6q.jpg

Back together next week, i sure hope this one does the job.

Well that sucks. When ever something like that happens all you can do is
stay after. I know you don't need the practice but the second tear down
went faster didn't it?

Good luck.
The stance looks right for that truck.

Pops yes, 3 days to 4 hours, same sore back tough :eek:
ya i like what 6 inches can do for the.look.
hope to have it running next week after a visit with the grandkids [cl

I'd like to know how they managed to do that to an I6!? They are just about the beefiest motor out there.

As a kid I worked at a cab company...

We had mostly 240 six's in the cabs....we very seldom had any head issues unless they were overheated badly....and even then not many cracks....not sure on the 300's but guess they can't be too much different....truck does have a great stance....good luck with that head....seems kinds pricey for a redo/fix...have you checked with any other shops out there? Just curious...

sgt. no on checking around i just want get the damn thing fixed and it's only money. Won't do me any good when i'm in the dirt:cool:
It does set well but it will look better going down the road [cl

Latest posts

Back