Tired of hand winching

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnysplymouth

So I built me a box on my car trailer and filled it with goodies......its a cheap harbor junk but hoping it works out
2012-06-27191801.jpg

2012-06-27191658.jpg

winch

looks like a nice set up[cl

selling my frame and got the wrong person. l will send to correct guy:eek:

Later :cool:

Last edited:
We used one of the HF winches and installed it on a U Haul trailer when we took my Son's rpu to the upholstery shop a couple of years ago. They really are a decent winch and we used only a jump box to power ours as we didn't want to make too many modifications to the U Haul.

Your setup looks pretty good and should work fine.

Don

I have one of the ultra cheapy harbor freight winches and works great to pull up cars. Used it to load my full size truck on a trailer once. Slow but did it. I think you will be fine! Looks like a good setup!

I've got the same winch on my car hauler.
I've had no problems, it works great and pulls like crazy.
Mines not slow either.
Dragged cars with 4 locked brakes through the dirt and onto the trailer :)

Cool sounds like I'll be ok.......I bought a couple vans from cycledog and it was beyond embarrassing having all the problems with my hand winch and i decided no more of that for me.

Do you guys double line pull or single.......I bought the two year warranty with the winch also

The winch is rated on a single line pull. If you use a snatch block and double line pull, it technically doubles the pull strength due to the mechanical advantage of the pulley but it the pulls twice as slow.

Latest posts

Back