howdy from havre, mt

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endicott_jb

Havre, MT but may as well be the north pole
Hey y'all. My names josh and I'm from Denair, Ca but moved to Havre, MT for work. Recently I've been into VWs but have turned to the dark side, aka rat rods. There's just something about using bits and pieces that don't go to any one vehicle and making a completely bad ass ride out of them. I picked up a 76 ford f-150 that I will be using to build my rat. Gonna use the frame, the engine, and rear axle narrowed of course for this one. The beds floor will be the floor boards of the car and the front springs for the rear suspension. Hopefully all will go smoothly but as we all know when putting together something from scratch, nothing ever goes as planned.

Hi Endicott

Welcome from the land of salt and rust (upstate NY)...I have more family in Malta Montana than I do where I currently live....you guys have a great state...If I could swing I would be moving there...I have the golden handcuffs of a governmental job...so I am stuck here for now....
These guys know there stuff on here for sure....feel free to throw out any questions...someone will be able to sort things out for you....

MikeC

Yes, I love this state. So many yards full of 30s and 40s cars and trucks. I'm hoping this weekend to get my hands on a 31 chevy two door so I can start this build. Found the wheels I will be using already and hopefully found the tranny. Lots and lots of pictures will be posted when I start my build thread. I already feel at home on this forum.

Hi endicott_jb, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Are you going to put a Ford motor in your chev bodied car? Wouldn't that be neat! Boy, all the guys that insist on putting a SBC in a Ford will be cryin' the blues though. :p:p;)
Keep on tinkering

Right on, a Ford FE and four speed in a Chev. I have the same combination sitting here on the floor waiting to go into a '47 Mercury. Mine is a truck 4 speed.
A word of caution, years ago I put a mid 70's truck frame clip on my '47 Ford pick-up, and it went on nicely. The fenders bolted back on easily and the radiator bracket bolted on, but the wheels were too wide to stay inside the fenders and the steering box is very close to the firewall and right at the corner of those old cabs. Now there is a steering column 'Z' at Speedway [I think] that jogs your steering over or down 10",12", or 14". That might be the way to get your column to drive that Ford box.
Keep on tinkering.

Finally found the body I will be using!!!! It's a 33 chevy Tudor sedan. I'm excited especially with the price I'm paying for it. It's got everything. Hood, fenders, grill, frame and drive train. Mind you I won't use the drive train, fenders, or hood but knowing I have it, I'm excited.:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back