Labor Day Weekend Picnic

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Farm

Ol school snake charmer!
Didn't really go for any festivities this holiday weekend but Mrs. Snakefarm and I had our own little picnic.......

.....:eek: okay so it wasn't too elaborate, but the location was nice.......

Threw the "pointy boat" in the lake and paddled about three miles and hit the woods with a blanket!

Nice evening out. :cool:

And you had more fun that going to a giant BBQ!!!! Great looking scenery..Just curious,but whose idea was it to do that?..:D

It don't look like anyone else was around. Who forced you to eat ketchup on bologna? Bluck! Lol

......Just curious,but whose idea was it to do that?..:D
Both actually. We used to hit the lake once or twice a week back when I was heavy into making wooden lures.......

.....however, that canoe had not been in the water for going on three summers. We have a habit of tending to things for others and neglecting ourselves and we've become increasingly aware of it lately so we just decided to take an afternoon for us.

It don't look like anyone else was around. Who forced you to eat ketchup on bologna? Bluck! Lol

They were probably trying to kill the taste of the bologna!

You guys kill me :p It's an acquired taste.......acquired when that's all we could afford. However nowadays it's eaten strictly for nostalgic purposes.......I will say though that the ketchup is always Heinz, nothing but the best on our baloney! :D

That sure is some pretty country where you live. I like baloney sandwiches too, always have some in the fridge, but I put mustard on mine....Guidens. :D

When I was married and my Sons were younger we would do exactly what you just did. We lived a few miles from the St Johns River in central Florida and we would pack a picnic basket and put the boat in the water just before dusk. We would slowly drive up the river and just chill out and eat our dinner on the water. We would spend a couple of hours doing that and it felt like a mini vacation.

Don

Latest posts

Back