been busy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so not much to report but I actually have done quite a bit or should I say redoing ..........the rear axle brackets were not to my liking and I lowered the rear a bit so everything had to be cut off the axle and frame and rewelded and the rear hairpins hit the body bracing so I reconfigured the bracing (still a little welding to do there)...............the panhard bar had to be bent to clear the frame also...........and I built body mounts but have not bolted body down as of yet..........................A nice surprise came while cleaning the engine a bit I found out it was a 426 rather than a 383 which is a rather hard engine to come by so I'm pretty happy bout that...................othe than hanging the doors thats pretty much it..................

Last edited:
Lookin' good!!!

Ronnie,
Your car's really lookin' good & u've definitely made progress! Keep us posted!

BoB

hey Ronny, thats a bitchin Plymouth, love the way it sits. I might have to run to Pasco someday and check it out. We decided on a Car Club name for here on the east side "Recycled Iron" friend of mine came up with it. Keep up the good work and HURRY up mines almost on the road.

Jim

hey Ronny, thats a bitchin Plymouth, love the way it sits. I might have to run to Pasco someday and check it out. We decided on a Car Club name for here on the east side "Recycled Iron" friend of mine came up with it. Keep up the good work and HURRY up mines almost on the road.

Jim

Moses Lake...not Pasco...............come on over....

A nice surprise came while cleaning the engine a bit I found out it was a 426 rather than a 383 which is a rather hard engine to come by so I'm pretty happy bout that...................

Wow a 426 wedge! Very desirable engine. That thing would look awesome with one of those long tube cross ram manifolds.

I'd have to mortgage a couple kids for that setup.....................HMMMMMMMMMM:D

BTW..........its not a max wedge but still a good engine

Last edited:
What is your technique for bending the smooth bends in the square tubing?

Just used a cheap Harbor freight hydraulic bender for pipe..........the bends are not so smooth on the inside radius but not to bad either..............just bend a litttle then move the tubing and keep doing that.....the key is slow gradual bends.

Latest posts

Back