And the hit's just keep on coming...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
Had to make a trip to Tennesse Sunday the 22nd....rain, ice high winds...great day to travel.....:( plus it was as cold there near Knoxville as it was in Michigan.....WTH??
I will never again spend a Christmas Holiday away from my immediate family...
No way....no how....My wife's sister's and her family....nieces, nephews the whole 9 yards....wife got this wild hair to spend Christmas there...my in-laws live with us so they went too.....won't ever do that again.....I was miserable....my granddaughter and grandson have never had a Christmas without Papa....they cried on the phone for me to come back home....tore my heart out...felt worse than my first Christmas in the military...

Man, that has to be tough to be away, sounds like it may have been better to have them come up here =)

Hope you have a better new years, and more importantly a better 2014 Sarge!

DR I am going to try.....

Man, that has to be tough to be away, sounds like it may have been better to have them come up here =)

Hope you have a better new years, and more importantly a better 2014 Sarge!

Appreciate the thought.....I've declined making any new years resolutions...as they normally go by the wayside.....Hope your's is a prosperous one for sure.....

Yeah I passed ya I'm sure...

Also passed a number of convoys of electrical company bucket trucks headed to Michigan to get power to people who were out in the mid state areas....guess it was crazy....

Also passed a number of convoys of electrical company bucket trucks headed to Michigan to get power to people who were out in the mid state areas....guess it was crazy....

It was crazy Sarge. Not much power outage here up north but the mid section of the state took a real beating.
My wife and I set a rule 28 years ago. Always home for the holidays. Even if it meant sitting around by ourself in our PJ's watching movies. Kinda like this year.:D
Torchie.

wow sarge. sounds like your Christmas was worse than mine..... sorry to hear that. I worked all day at Guardian. 12hours inside a factory. Was very excited when I got home though to find out that my parents drove 140miles that night to come see and surprise the wife and I on Christmas. Without that my Christmas wouldnt have been much.

Sarge, when I first read the title, I was concerned a family member was having health problems or something. Glad to hear it's just you being miserable for a few days! [ddd

I thought the same thing as Sam
I remember what it's like having to travel on a holiday so, we will give ya some time to be miserable too :rolleyes: ummmm times up [ddd

Yep, it has been cold here for a while (I'm just outside of Knoxville). Almost 40 today. Supposed to be 50 tomorrow, heatwave.
Tim

Gee.....Sam..

Sarge, when I first read the title, I was concerned a family member was having health problems or something. Glad to hear it's just you being miserable for a few days! [ddd

Thanks for the caring and compassion.....and yes...fortunately for you I was extremely miserable....LOL

I have watched Christmas turn into chaos for many of my family. Everyone needs to spend time with every other family member. But the divorces and remarriages has everyone on the run for 10 days straight.
When I was a kid,Christmas eve was opening presents at home, usually with Andy,a single neighbor and maybe grandparents. Then Christmas day was a family gathering with all the ants, uncles and cousins.

Christmas in the sun with wife and kids has always worked for me.
No arguments about spending more time with one side of the family or the other.
Bliss.

Ours has been kinda rough the last few years, too. My side, no problems. Wife's side, drama. She has a first cousin that has always hated our kids since we adopted them, and since our only surviving one turned into a dope head, she has hated him more. Her son and his wife won't even come to family gatherings anymore. At Thanksgiving, you could feel the tension in the air. Christmas was almost as bad. I really don't know if we will have any more family gatherings. It's really sad she can't get along with the rest of the family, she wants her little family and that's it.

When her Dad dies, I know she will be through having anything to do with us. Since she lives next door, it may get tough.

Latest posts

Back