Going to see my dad in hospital today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

42chevy

Rustier Rat Rodder
My dad has been fighting cancer for awhile and has developed blood clots in his lungs. He is in hospital where I grew up 150 miles from here. We have been having real bad weather of course. I will have to wear a contamination suit to see him. I have had to take a few unpaid days to go see him. Hard to write through the tears, I am not much of a cryer but this is tough. You guys are my friends so I am letting you know. Sorry if I rambled, just real sad and scared to lose my dad.

Having just gone thru this last year I know how you're feeling right now.
It is quite possibly the worst part of life when your loved ones are sick
and failing.

Remember how he was, not how he is in his present condition.
I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
God Speed Brother.

I know how it feels. I lost my dad February of 2011 after a long battle with copd . I think sometimes I felt worse than he did going to see him in the hospital than he did. I know that's not true but but that's how helpless I felt. My thoughts are with ya, wish there was a way I could help.

More positive energy coming your way. Hoping your Dad can beat this terrible disease. So important you are taking the time and effort to comfort him.

more positive thoughts coming your way. be careful on your trip, and i hope your dad improves, and i wish i could do more.

I lost both of my parents to lung cancer. My mother about 5 years ago and my dad 2 years ago. Sending you my prayers. Be safe out there.

Thanks guys. He kind of rallied back and went home yesterday and is doing much better. His last chemo treatment is this coming Wednesday and my siblings are all visiting soon. My chronic back issues flared up big time so I am hurting from the drive but well worth it

Latest posts

Back