Flames

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to ask, are you using the system where you pull out the choke and flood the system with raw fuel ? If so, you are washing the cylinder walls which is going to really shorten the life of your motor......I mean REALLY shorten it's life.

We had a guy locally who would light up his car at every event and when he would drive away the thing would smoke like mad.:D

Just thought I would mention that so you know.

Don

did one for a friend of mine. We used a motorcycle coil and plug near the end of the pipe. For fuel, we put a grille tank (propane) in the bed with a solenoid valve from a forklift. one button opened the valve and lit the plug. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! Give it a bit of throttle to throw the flames 10 to 15 feet!

Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done.

Here's how I set up the flame-throwers on my cars. Tired of buying expensive kits, so I figured out how to do myself. No choke involved. I've never had any problems with smoking or anything like that. I do use and change regularly the oil with 20w-50 Valvoline racing oil though. Anyways, here is my diagrams for HEI & points distributors. Very simple and cheap.

Attachments

• HEI Flame thrower.jpg
    HEI Flame thrower.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Points Dist Flame thrower.jpg
    Points Dist Flame thrower.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back