Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, It's a driver

And who do you think got to drive first [S, damn I'm a nice dad. [cl
Needs some tuning and maybe muffs and new rear tires, with no upholstery it's quit loud :eek:
After three trips around the block we headed down the road for a 20 mile round trip to the market and we made it back.[cl
and you can hardly notice the windshield cracks at all [S
Yes it's a driver but a long way from being close to done and only a little over a year in the back yard.
If your wondering about the funny old knobs, my late oldest brother had a little business making them and I decided to let him have a ride. [cl

http://youtu.be/21_aJUkmQu8

Comments?

AWESOME!!!!!![cl

Glad to see it on the road, defiantly the sickest Elky I've seen, got me thinking about getting one [S (pulling this off may be a feat, the driveway and back yard is full ...)

:cool:

Looks great! I think the knobs are awesome, and they're even better with a story behind them. Just be prepared for the uninformed to not get it and make stupid comments about them.

I must admit I wasn't sure about the shortened look when I first saw your build but now I think it looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

Little Update

Couldn't get the miss out after the first run so, it gets an new HEI dist. and a spreadbore 4 wholer and well see how that does. Right after a visit to my grand kid for the weekend.
Also started a little of the finish work, heres before and after
sorry counldn't get the after to upload [S but it's pretty (IMO)
Have a great day, off to the park with the kids

spr0397_zps0cab6cb6.jpg

Attachments

• spr 0045.jpg
    spr 0045.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Have you tried scoring it? I had the glass cut for mine, all they did was score it both sides and lightly pulled up and down to crack it, and used a broken tape measure tape to cut the laminate. Once cut they shaped the corners and smoothed the edges with a 80 sand disk made for glass. Maybe curved glass is different as mine is flat. But that's what I witnessed. They did all 4 of mine for 120$

Have you tried scoring it? I had the glass cut for mine, all they did was score it both sides and lightly pulled up and down to crack it, and used a broken tape measure tape to cut the laminate. Once cut they shaped the corners and smoothed the edges with a 80 sand disk made for glass. Maybe curved glass is different as mine is flat. But that's what I witnessed. They did all 4 of mine for 120$

RickyBob, that's how we did the least cracked one, and yes the pros make it look easy and yes flat is easier than curved. For some sick reason I like a challenge [S

Latest posts

Back