49 f1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steering

Cut out of orig and mounted in new

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 24
Horns and Lights

Well alittle bit happening, got my hood hinged, cab sealed up, all glass installed, air horns and cab lights mounted. Got dash and window framed wrinkel black and started on interior. Got me Craig floor mount 8 track tape player off Ebay going to get tunes hooked up. Now to find some good tapes Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf, Alice Cooper! Took radiator to shop get it cleaned and start motor again. heard it run but thats it. Hopefully not a pig.

Attachments

• PRE1.png
    PRE1.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 34
  • pre3.png
    pre3.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 28
  • pre2.png
    pre2.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 80
  • pro2.png
    pro2.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 30
  • pro4.png
    pro4.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 28
Well alittle bit happening, got my hood hinged, cab sealed up, all glass installed, air horns and cab lights mounted. Got dash and window framed wrinkel black and started on interior. Got me Craig floor mount 8 track tape player off Ebay going to get tunes hooked up. Now to find some good tapes Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf, Alice Cooper! Took radiator to shop get it cleaned and start motor again. heard it run but thats it. Hopefully not a pig.

That sounds like a lot.
Looking good.[cl
Torchie.

It lives!

Got motor running, needs a tune-up. That's funny. The 302 is a 1985 and had a elec. fuel pump. Gotta change that, can't hear the radio! Need to find a timing cover with fuel pump mount. I didn't think it would be so hard to find that stuff. I guess scrap is up. Defiantly got to get a bigger steering wheel, my old ass can't turn it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 25
The Hood

It was so easy, i just drew a straight line and cut about 1/8" off both sides. Found a 8 foot piano hinge at the local flea market for 10$, cut it and bolted it together. Since I cut the end of the hood off to make the grill everything lined right up. I did reinforce the part of the hood that i made the grill from around the edges about 3/4" overhange for hood to lay on. Im going to do the same to the bottom edges of hood since it is kinda flimsy. That will give me some iron to bolt latches to.

Attachments

• hood.JPG
    hood.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 9
  • hood1.png
    hood1.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 10
  • hood3.png
    hood3.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 12
Got motor running, needs a tune-up. That's funny. The 302 is a 1985 and had a elec. fuel pump. Gotta change that, can't hear the radio! Need to find a timing cover with fuel pump mount. I didn't think it would be so hard to find that stuff. I guess scrap is up. Defiantly got to get a bigger steering wheel, my old ass can't turn it.

I had 14" wheels on my old 48 F1 , and changed to 15". It was like night and day steering wise. Might be something to consider. And just to let you know, I had a large steering wheel and it was still like fighting a bear to steer that thing with 14" wheels.

This ought to Be Fun

Went down to my insurance agent to get some. He told me he needed some pictures and wanted to know the value. What do i say $20,000.00[ddd LOL

Attachments

• rat1.jpg
    rat1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 22
  • today.jpg
    today.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 32
That's why some of the insurance companies are not writing policies on our cars. They don't know how to put a price on them.
I decide what I would realistically take for my ride and that's what I insure it for. Course, plus any deductibles.

our insurance man sells HOT_ROD or antique insurance , you tell him how much $ value you want to insure it for , and he will figure out what it will cost you a month ,

Thanks

Thats just what they did, antique car and we we settled on the value. alot less but if someone plows into me I can probably go out to lunch.

Latest posts

Back