1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea where you were going with the hoops and the plates. Really nice. [cl[cl[cl

Tollway transponder, huh? Around here it would be shades and a 357.

Are you kidding me? [cl

No.. I dont think so.. but maybe? [S

Nice overhead panel!!![cl

Thanks!

I had no idea where you were going with the hoops and the plates. Really nice. [cl[cl[cl

Tollway transponder, huh? Around here it would be shades and a 357.

Not much room... I stared at it for a while before deciding where to put the door. Almost put it in the back curve so that I could get a little more depth to the compartment.. Im thinking the vehicle registration, (cause im thinking I will need it frequently) and the transponder will be about all I can put in it..

If i can scrounge enough aluminum I will put sides on the whole overhead, cause as of now I have no plans or intentions to put in a head liner..

i had/have a real cool old compass from (supposedly) a B52 airplane.. I was intending to put it in the overhead panel...

It needed fluid... it was about half full... Did some reading about how you shouldn't really open them and definitely do not contact the paint chips that will be floating in the fluid.. due to the paint being radioactive..

Well i went outside and opened it and just topped it off so as to not mess with the fluid or chips... it floats real nice now, but doesn't give the right direction.. ??? Bummer.. but on a positive note.. still alive..

I do have a few other additions Im going to add to the panel.. but not much.. next priority is to mouth the new tires and rebuild the PS pump

Thanks for sticking with me..

Got my rebuild / sealkit for the ps pump...

But the better news is I got my plates!!! Once I get my brakes bleed and mount my tires I can really test this old gal out... Can't wait!!!

Chipping away...

Got around to mounting 2 of the tires... Multi piece rims so we mounted them with caution outside using a clip on air chuck and some heavy duty freight straps just in case...

It's amazing how much more finished it looks with the new tires and freshly painted rims, dad did an excellent job cleaning them up

More detail work... Getting down to the end of the planned details... But I thought this would be a fun one... Start with an old level that u picked up for $1.00

Extract the bubbles... I was expecting to use both of them but the one was so short it's not going to work for me unfortunately, so I will have to find another level to extract one from.

I made these little brackets for mounting the tubes... I put LEDs inside the mounts...

Here's what it looks like when it's illuminated

I mounted it into my overhead panel... Also made the sides and put a dome light from a 50s school bus. I got the dome light out of that junkyard that was closing (I have four of these.) I am also in the process of rewiring all the switches. I am redoing all 60 connections and also turning the back row of switches around so they all function in the same direction this requires additional length in the wires .. The switches have screw on connections for the wires and a hand full are stripped ... I guess that's what I get for something that was probably assembled in China... So the stripped connections are getting soldered on..

When I air up and I am by myself it will take an extra 10 or so psi on the driver side to be level... So now I will be able to see I'm riding level. I left the studs nice and long so once it's installed in the truck I can zero it out, and then trim the excess. As I said before I was intending to run the other one as a front to back tube but it was just too short. I looked at a cheep line level I had but the plastic of the new bubbles doesn't illuminate nearly the same as the old glass ones..

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back