Fall is just around the corner....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-R-POPS

''Rusty Mopar Slacker''
The bull elk will be bugling in a couple of weeks and I thank God that I am still
physically able to get to the wilderness to hunt again.

Got tired of running just the center section of my front bumper on my Jeep. The outer ends were too low and wouldn't clear my tires when I went to 35''ers.
So I'm modifying the ends to fit my needs.

I could have just bought new ends but what's the fun in that. Another day of welding and grinding and priming and painting and I'll be done with it. I also made a ladder for easier top rack access.

Attachments

• IMG_6677 (2).jpg
    IMG_6677 (2).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2452 (3).jpg
    IMG_2452 (3).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 31
You know the best place to shoot an elk don't you?

Close to the truck, or Jeep in your case![ddd:D

Love the bumper, looking at your pics makes me want another Jeep.

Nice work, POPS. Your bumper looks much better, like it should have been done that way to begin with! [cl.

Thanks Doc. Don't know why I put this off for over 2 years. Too much other stuff going on I guess.

That looks like it was a ton of work, looks great

It wasn't too bad just time consuming making each little piece fit.

Nice work Pops!

Thanks. Keeps me out of trouble. Since my bride retired I feel like I'm being watched.

You know the best place to shoot an elk don't you?
Close to the truck, or Jeep in your case![ddd:D
Love the bumper, looking at your pics makes me want another Jeep.

True that!!! My grand son told me I hunt like a old man. He's a young wipper snapper all full of it. If he's lucky, He'll live to get old some day and know what it's like..
I've had a Jeep of some kind since I was 17. At one time I had 3.

I like it.
No elk around here but I've been known to shoot deer from the front porch.

Elk is my game of choice and we are lucky enough to have a really healthy elk population in New Mexico. I'd rather eat elk than beef.

I got this bumper thing finished up today.. Turned out good enough for girls I hang out with.

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 22
Are there a lot of Jeeps in need of this modification? If so, you could have a little fab business. They look 100% professional.

Are there a lot of Jeeps in need of this modification? If so, you could have a little fab business. They look 100% professional.

There is a ton of jeeps running the short center section with a winch..l was because of tire clearance in rough country. I doubt that people would put up with me and my work schedule (or lack of). Thanks for the comments.

I agree... that looks factory!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

I went to NAPA yesterday and a couple of guys were eyeing my bumper when I came out. "Nice bumper, where did you buy it?" So I guess it will pass inspection.

great job [cl I do alot of modifications on my stuff but you done a really good job on that , id be proud of it ...

Thanks Yankee. My wife says I do good work, what little I do of it.

Latest posts

Back