1932 Chevy sedan, chop, channel, corvette

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome project.

I like everything ... but the cowl extension. From the pics it just looks out of place.

Again, you have a cool original car no matter what I think. [cl

I like everything about your car

Super nice car.[dr
I like the wheels and firewall extension.
I am going to run used set of 22`s on my Dad`s tribute woody build.
Again,Very nice car.You sure have a lot of talent![;)

Thanks guys, the cowl extension looks better in person, but I should of done te leading edge differently, it's to sharp. Note that for te next one ;).

Nothing really noted done to take pictures of, I did get my seats in and the body got stuck in one of our az sand storms and now the rust is gone ;)

The wheel arches were made by rolling 5' of 1" round tubing to the arch I wanted, cut it in half with a band saw the laid it up the to the car tacking, heating and forming around the body, once it was on and like it, I tucked it under the old body line so I could blend it and cut the excess panel from underneath it.

upload photos

I know it was kinda growin on me too, I just couldn't stand being all rusty every time I touched it. Easier to finish my body changes as well. It will be painted mint green, with a satin clear. I'll patina it a little, side windows and door frame just a touch, most te dents will stay and so will the bullet holes. If the car had a really nice patina I would of kept it, it was just to far to the rust side.

I think the cowl extension turned out pretty nice!!! Nothing says a rat can't have some nice paint! But if you are going to get a good finish on it I think the bullet holes and stuff will look kind of out of place....

While you have the cowl extention off maybe it is time to add some detail to make it fit in. Maybe take the leading edge off the original cowl and move it to the front of the extention. Add a body line to the side of the extention to match the old body. As it sits it kinda looks like an after thought and doesn't flow. Not bashing your buils as I think it is awesome, just adding my $.02. You are on the right track with the finish. I think bringing back some faux patina will let the bullet holes and dent fit in better. [P

Took the ideas out of my head, I plan on bringing the upper body line to a point and adding the roll to the bottom edge, the old firewall is a little to messed up to add the front. And ya I don't like super over done faux paint, it will be really light, couple places here an there, in going to clear the inside mint green gloss, outside will be satin and I'll hit some areas with a buffer to ad a dull shine, give the paint a little character break up the satin, hope is it will look like it was all shiney once upon a time

Oh and your seats are killer! My Dad used to run an MG resto shop and those look alot like MGA seats. Simple yet functional design that actually holds you in in a corner. Nicely done!

Thank you! That was kinda the look I was going for, I'm going to do two roll bars inside like the ac cobra has for the driver, mine will just be for pass as well. Want a vintage road race feel.

Great looking ride!!!
Wouldn't be my choice of wheels but I know what they say about opinions.
They just pull your eye away from all the effort and work you put into your killer build.

Ya in time those will change, I want a cast gray center and a polished lip type of a wheel. Thank you the kind words, it really means alot!

Latest posts

Back