Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soltz

The Rat Captain
First welding today so as i said it's offically started.
1971 GMC "Sprint" From the pix you can guess what's next, the top comes off next week, we hope [S
5" =/- chop, desided to bag it instead of trying a channel and a bed shorting to hopefully keep the perporsion close ?
Daughter / Father thing, i'm teaching as we go along so it might take a little longer [S
Stay tuned[P[P

Attachments

• spr 0019.jpg
    spr 0019.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 377
  • spr 0003.jpg
    spr 0003.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 308
That's way cool your teaching your dad those things....:D LOL I'm sure it's the other way around :rolleyes:, sounds like a cool idea. I kind of just pictured that in my head drop the top get rid of half of that bed a big old blower sticking out of the hood sum 18"wide rubber on the back ?? :eek: .......

:eek: Whoa, careful with that welder.........is her hair on fire? ;) :D

That's gonna make a cool project, and there's nothing better than building something with your kid! [;)

Kudos to you guys, keep us updated often.

[P[P[P

Very cool.....

and putting in the cross braces is a must....ask me...I know the hard way....even on late model stuff you'd think wouldn't move....don't believe it...it does....:(

Hope you have a solid plan for all that curved glass. Fit the metal around the glass.
attachment.php

Attachments

• spr 0003a.jpg
    spr 0003a.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,121
Thanks guys

Drityrat, no but i know what you mean, it took seven on my 56 F100

Sam Fear your crazy good with that photoshop. thanks gives me insentive[cl

Hoping for weekly updates, daughter only gets one day a week off work. [P

Cut-Cut-Cut

Oh my, what have we done [S But we had fun doing it [P

Attachments

• spr 0028.jpg
    spr 0028.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 172
  • spr 0030.jpg
    spr 0030.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 156
  • spr 0031.jpg
    spr 0031.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 152
How much taller you gonna make it?.
I'm always banging my noggin getting in and out of those.
Probably because it doesn't have whiskers on top to warn it of a collision.
People ask me why I work under cars in the summer in a stocking cap :D
leave it sticking up a little like a smurph hat...no more head bumps

You might like the caps they sell anywhere Ironworkers buy their stuff.
They will save your nice hair miss

I like the whole alfresco under the canopy vibe
I have been thinking of adding a canopy to the garage
Or a deck (cedar) to work under in the shade
I added on to the garage and have a lot of inside space but I don't have alot of room outside and there is a busy street with retail businesses across the street so I have to stay tidy.
I was thinking crazy about fully decking from the house to the garage
But then that changed to a deck from the house to the garage but just on the barn door side...

Then after all the crazy thinking was done I thought it would look nice with canvas awnings across the front.

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51541&d=1292137862

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments

Torch: I just wear a helmet until i get used to it. The canopy is because i'm in the back yard. I have a So.Cal. track house with a 3 car garage, one for the wifes car, one for storing all the stuff i just can't get rid of and the one car stall is my shop, the builder must have had me in mind, the one car is a drive through as in a door in the back leading to the patio/car port? Caravan Canopy 10' x 20' on ebay 115 bucks and free shipping.

Sam: Shes one of two daughters but i like to take care of them both. In my case it's please do what i ask not what i do. [;)
Yes lots of pix and i'm, learning as i go also [S Your pic is my insporation (sp)
Welded in three pieces and have to take at least one back out, tunnel vision, forest for the trees ect-all.
I'll try for more pix tomorrow, stay tuned [P

In my case it's please do what i ask not what i do. [;)

Sometimes they learn from bad example just as fast. "Gee Dad, that big gash in your hand makes me understand why I should wear gloves when using a cut off wheel." :D

in three pieces and have to take at least one back out, tunnel vision, forest for the trees ect-all.

Sometimes a bucket is the best tool for a chop. Sit on it and think things through. ;)

Latest posts

Back