Thought I'd share this with you all....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
Last Saturday I took my wife to the hospital......I thought she was having a stroke...couldn't get her balance, slurred speech, shaking hands, nodding off like she had narcolepsy...a lot of the signs and symptoms....
Well...she didn't have a stroke thank God....but did spend 3 days in the hospital...Cat Scan, blood tests up the gump stump...MRI, and even a doplar of her neck (the arteries feeding the brain)...cause the doctors didn't have a clue what was happening....and she couldn't tell them much as she was so disorientated that she wasn't making sense and half of what she said you couldn't understand.....My wife takes med's for restless leg syndrome, type 2 diabeties and a mild anti depressive...
Finally the Neurosurgeon ordered a blood drug screen.....here is what they found....
First of all there was no trace of any of the restless leg medication in her system..should have been as she takes it everyday....that was strange...then they found a very large amount of some sort of anti anxiety medication that was not in her med's at all....I think it was naproxin....and it was a huge amount / level....
Here is what was finally found.....after my wife was "flushed" out with fluids and with it enough to tell us....
She had run out of her medicine for the restless leg syndrome....3 weeks prior...we get these from medco and they are on automatic refill....apparently the script ran out and they didn't bother to call us or the doctor....so, that explains why my wife hadn't been sleeping much...as the level went down the restless leg stuff moved all over her body....arms, shoulders, legs, feet and about every muscle....so she would go downstairs so she didn't "bother" me in bed....I didn't have a clue...
So finally she decided that she needed to take something after not sleeping much for over a week....so she dug around in her drawer and found this naproxin that was over 3 years old....she took a tablet and doesn't remember much after that....not even sure how many of those things she took but it helped her muscles stop twitching....doctor thinks it was 6 to 8 over a days time.....symptons of naproxin overdose is slurred speech, disorientation and all the other signs and symptoms she was displaying....
So guys....if you don't know what meds your wife is on....ask and make sure you know....occasionally ask the wife if the meds are working....also ask if the meds are current.....then make sure that you go around and throw out any medications that are old, not used and or not prescribed to you or someone in the family.....I've learned a lesson and frankly, as much as I kid about my wife, I thought I was losing her and I was scared as heck....Just thought I'd share that and hopefully it might keep someone else from having a problem.......

That's some scary stuff there. I'm glad they got it figured out and under control.
Sometimes you just have to stop and count your blessing when something like that happens. Praise God that it all worked out.

God bless you and your family!

Appreciate that Pops....

yeah....I thank him everyday for my wife....she's a keeper for sure....:D Don't remember being that scared / concerned about anything in my life....

yeah....I thank him everyday for my wife....she's a keeper for sure....:D Don't remember being that scared / concerned about anything in my life....

The "keepers" are hard to come by. My bride and I will be married for 40 yrs.
June 2nd so I know what you mean. Be nice to her every day of this short life.

W0W

glad it all worked out.:D

things like this are why l do my own refills and make darn sure they are not going to run out. l used to be REAL stubborn on taking meds, but being to the point they took away my driving privileges for 6 months, that got my attention pretty quick to not screw up and make sure what life l have left is enjoyable.

wishes sent.

Later :cool:

Wow, you had to be really shaken up by all of that going on. Sounds like you had some good Doctors who were able to get to the bottom of what was happening.

Glad it all worked out well for you both.

Don

Whew, that was a close one. Glad it was figured out quickly. My mother-in-law one time got her meds mixed up with my father-in-laws and pretty much the same thing happened. She was so disoriented that they called an ambulance. This happens all too often.

I know you did this but, hug her and tell her to never do that again for me
We all have our moments of stubbornness.
Thank God this turned out on the good site.

Yeah....I apologized for getting upset with her

I know you did this but, hug her and tell her to never do that again for me
We all have our moments of stubbornness.
Thank God this turned out on the good site.

about the meds but she didn't even remember me scolding her.....but she accepted my apology...don't know what I'd do without her and don't want to find out so soon.....33 years in July.... :D

thanks Sam....was a bit of a emotional roller coaster...

she's back to work and doing great....thanks for the thoughts from everyone.....

glad she is OK, at least it wasn't anything too serious I guess!! But I am disappointed. Being a cop, I would think you should have known the right thing to do there was actually arrest her for illegal drugs...... Ya know any prescription drug that is past it's usage date is illegal........ :rolleyes:

But seriously, glad she is OK.

Yeah but it was in a prescription bottle in her name

glad she is OK, at least it wasn't anything too serious I guess!! But I am disappointed. Being a cop, I would think you should have known the right thing to do there was actually arrest her for illegal drugs...... Ya know any prescription drug that is past it's usage date is illegal........ :rolleyes:

so it was in fact legal for her to have it in her possession.....LOL....you guys crack me up!!! yeah, I'm glad it worked out well....she is truly my rock....

There's the humor I was waiting on
attachment.php

Back to business

Attachments

• LMAO.gif
    LMAO.gif
    103.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back