Upstate NY junkyard being crushed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

Hi everyone

All you upstate NY rat rodders GABA's Towing & auto parts in Middle Grove NY has about 75 acres of cars for sale for the price of scrap (.16 cents a pound). The original owner died last fall so the new owner is scrapping but allowing anybody who wants anything to come over with a spray can in hand and initial what you want and then when he gets to it he will call you up and you come and get it. rumor on the street of over 7,000 cars. The yard was started in the mid 1960's so there is a little bit of everything. I am flat fender Jeep guy so I picked up a 1946 CJ2A for .16 cents a pound. There are all kinds of cabs, lots and lots of 1950's stuff, bunches of 1960's and 70's stuff too. Anything and everything you might want is there. He is open 8am to 4 pm. You can google his address, I believe he is on 433 Sodeman Road in Middle Grove NY.
I saw everything from the late 1930's stuff up to Dodge Neon's and everything in between.
Good luck with your searching. They seem pretty decent to work with so far.
MikeC

Do you know if anyone is around on Saturday? I am thinking of maybe going there to see whats up. I hope its not just a pile of 1/2 buried hulks, its a long drive for me. Also do you have a phone # for them?

HI Everyone

I didn't find a website but here is a link to the manta business website..yes a lot of the stuff is rough a lot of the stuff has been sitting for 30-40 years...great stuff for rat rod guys to scoop up and build into something....I saw a 1967 Mustang coupe sitting on top of something else with a crunched right front but not bad shape after that...I saw a bunch of old pickup trucks...some just cabs...some complete vehicles too...from the late 1930's and forward....
http://www.manta.com/c/mmjx2m8/gaba-s-towing-auto-parts

MikeC

Thanks Mike. We will have to check that out for sure. As if I need another project. Who can pass up deals like that. Any Model A's there? [dr

Hey Tom

I didn't see any model A's at all...a lot of good cabs (40's and 50's) tho...all kinds of that type of stuff....if you get chance bring a trailer and drag some junk home...I love rusty metal...american vintage rusty metal is the best...there are alos lots of big boats from the 50's too...
Good luck with your search...

I was really wanting to find a Dodge Pilothouse but most were really rough...

MikeC

Latest posts

Back