Ok.....found these close to home....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
Wants 1600 buck for both....says the F3 cab and chassis will run.?? flat head six.....the F1 cab is a goes along with... F3 is a old dump box still has hoses, cylinders and pto box/pump....I don't really have room for both....but he won't separate... any thoughts on the price?? F3 is rough....floors and fenders are gone pretty much..f1 cab is solid....

Attachments

• 51 f3 and f1 cab.jpg
    51 f3 and f1 cab.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 53
  • f3 truck.jpg
    f3 truck.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 55
The pictures don't look too bad, but I've learned that when someone from Michigan says "it's rough" that usually means plenty bad/pass. Good luck, Bill.

Yeah tried to get the F1 cab only....

Just won't sell one without the other.....offered him 400 for the f1 cab....said no....all or nothing....the f1 is pretty good.....doors are good and floor is workable....

Front of this allegedly "can run with some work"

F3.....the fenders are held on by metal straps that are screwed on....

Attachments

• f3 front.jpg
    f3 front.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 41
I think he's dreaming!!!!
Send me all your money and I get you a good truck. Or do you have your heart set on a Ford instead?

No pops....just looking for a decent cab...

I think he's dreaming!!!!
Send me all your money and I get you a good truck. Or do you have your heart set on a Ford instead?

kid wants to try his hand at doing his own frame and making a "real" rat rod not one like "dads"....so what ya got?...Chevy would interest us more, but they are not abundant here.....same year area....49-50-or so....I'm focusing on my own project...so this would be up to him to do....

Here's a couple F1's with an extra cab I will probably pickup. Montana tin, $600 for them all, no engines. So, yeah, not in this universe is that rusted stuff worth anywhere near the asking price IMO.

Wow...that stuff looks solid....

Keep me in mind if you get them......nothing that good around here.....at least not that I've been able to find...

There's a guy about 1/2 mile south of my place that has a really clean '50 chevy 350/350 drive train with a dead cylinder in the engine. He stopped by here last week wanting to sell it for $2000. I think it could be bought for 15 to 16 hundred. I almost had him talked into selling me the slotted mags off it for
$450. with the tires.

It's almost too nice to make a rat rod out of it. I think he needs money pretty
bad.

You can find some really solid dry desert truck cabs around here for $500 to
$700. It's a long ways from Michigan tho.

Yeah.....a bit of a way away's....

There's a guy about 1/2 mile south of my place that has a really clean '50 chevy 350/350 drive train with a dead cylinder in the engine. He stopped by here last week wanting to sell it for $2000. I think it could be bought for 15 to 16 hundred. I almost had him talked into selling me the slotted mags off it for
$450. with the tires.

It's almost too nice to make a rat rod out of it. I think he needs money pretty
bad.

You can find some really solid dry desert truck cabs around here for $500 to
$700. It's a long ways from Michigan tho.

Missed out on a deal with 21willys a year ago...should have grabbed it....any chance you could grab a pic of this thing? Maybe 21 will be traveling around again down the road.....[S

I will always pass on rusted out stuff over solid.
Your going to have the same amount of money in each at the end, with a helluva lot less work and aggravation.

F1 ,F3 all the same cab.
Is there any paper work with either of theses Sgt?
Guy near me had an F-3 for sale at $800. Cab, frame, no engine. With a title.
Torchie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back