Well...did it again...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at it this way, now you have more time to spend here - and no one will worry about what's happened to you ;)
See, it's a win - win!

Yeah, I noticing my body can't keep up with me anymore too. And like you, it seems like I wait til spring to do it. Can't get hurt in November or something when the weather sucks.

Hope it's not too bad.

Oh.... and since your just sittin around, I have a photo contest you should enter. :D

We ain't getting no younger Sarge.....:D

Take care, hopefully a little r&r will rehab the knee and you can get that last year in.

Ok.....got the MRI...

went to the Doc today to have him read it....(since all they did at the MRI was give me a disc to give to the doctor)...not good news...torn the mcl and the medial meniscus...surgery required....almost the same as I did on the left leg...could be worse but was hoping it was just a sprain...since I did this two weeks ago and the swell won't go down I was expecting the worst....and...I got it....but...so it goes...this too shall pass....

Why does Arthroscopy sound better than procedures that rhyme? (Never mind, I think I know the answer.)

Good luck with the surgery, Sarge. Here's to a quick recovery and your retirement!

I have a wise a$$ doctor that did my knees that told me to look the good side of the situation. I said what's that? And he tells me that I only had two knees to replace and this is the last one.

Hope it goes well for you and have a quick recovery.

Can't do surgery Until the 10th of June...

My lateral Meniscus is torn..not the medial as I said before....also my mcl....not a doc so I'm only going by the images he showed me...."see that dark triangle?" I said No...he said "exactly..that dark area should be a nice triangle..your's is a ragged mess"...I said Thank you!!

The mcl apparently is a minor tear compared to the meniscus...I'm at work flying a desk and hobbling around like Chester on Gunsmoke...lol...:D

thanks for the well wishes....I'm sure I'll mend up...the other knee is good so hopefully this will be my last invasion of those areas...God willing...

Thanks brother.....

Good news sgt [cl
Now watch your step young man and you'll make it to retirement :D

Not looking forward to it but want it done....figure I'll be off it for a couple weeks then rehab...if anything like the last one...took a few months to come around fully....thinking seriously about bowing out in March of 17...gotta check into it anyway...mind is still thinking I'm 35...body is telling me I'm mistaken...lol.

Not looking forward to it but want it done....figure I'll be off it for a couple weeks then rehab...if anything like the last one...took a few months to come around fully....thinking seriously about bowing out in March of 17...gotta check into it anyway...mind is still thinking I'm 35...body is telling me I'm mistaken...lol.

You do know that your mind is lying to you right? Some times we just have grit our teeth and have those medical issues taken care of. Not much fun but worth it in the long run. Good Luck with it!!

I Hear Ya

When i couldn't climb a 100 ft ladder without stopping half way up i know it was time to leave it to the younger ones.
You can do nine months standing on your head, ya[S

That's the plan....

When i couldn't climb a 100 ft ladder without stopping half way up i know it was time to leave it to the younger ones.
You can do nine months standing on your head, ya[S

Should be ok....

Pops....yeah I know....just hate to admit it...Get thru this....work at the desk then hopefully bow out gracefully....:D..

ok had surgery...recovery slow...

Doc said he didn't find as much damage as he anticipated nor the amount of arthritis as he figured he would...which is good but did tell me the area he had to work on would cause a longer recovery time....actually it's not a problem for me to take this one a bit slower....so just put some weight on it today....doesn't flex well right now...don't like pain killers and the narco stuff he gave me made me nauseated anyway...so ice and elevation for now....I'll man up on the pain...so the rest is in God's time and Old mans time to heal...Physical therapy after the doctors visit I'd guess but don't see the doc until the 27th...so takin it slow and easy for change....not my style but I'm learning to deal with it....Old age that is.... lol...:D

Latest posts

Back