We lost another great one

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By far my favorite of the "old guard". Wherever he is I hope there is plenty of acetylene and cigars... [;)

images

I was just thinking, if lead is so toxic, Bill should have died years and years ago with as much lead that he has touched and fumes that he breathed in.

Lead and cigars, 94 years old, wow. Don't feel so bad about my cigars now!

I first heard of Bill Hines years ago when Pat Gahnal was still at Rod and Custom magazine, he had Bill do a chop on something, and was commenting on the fact that he didn't use "smoodda", Pat's term for plastic filler [Bondo], Bill used lead. Then later after the internet came out. I learned some of the history of Bill and the cars he built. A true craftsman, not many left like him from that generation, or any generation for that matter. RIP Bill, you led a full life.

Didn't he do one of those TV show one time?

Saw a special one time of him doing a chop & it was a real treat watching him work! Sad to see him go!

Beercan

I think it was Monster Garage or something like that...I think it was Jesse James they did a chop top and he was doing all the lead work......guy made it look easy...

Latest posts

Back