What type of Music do you prefer?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
Probably has been touch on before....but since we have a far more diverse group now I'm wondering....For an "Old Guy" I'm really into some of the harder stuff...Dig the Disturbed version of Sound of Silence...also like the Five Finger Death Punch version of Bad company www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VsvZmIWxY

Like basic three cord rock music, even if its a bit more "intense".... like Avenge Sevenfold Hail to King" .www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelhLppPSxY....

what's your pleasure...?

Always a good topic, music & detroit muscle is a natural combination. These are great threads as we can hear bands we might not normally listen to.

Sgt, - I liked the Bad Co. cover!

I grew-up on Elvis as a boy, HS I was a into Duane Allman, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton & Carlos Santana. When I was a 17, I used to go to Chicago's Maxwell street on Sunday morning and listen to blues bands. There would usually be a Minister & a small group singing Gospel there. In my 20's I got into Outlaw Country.

Right now I'm listening to modern Rock-a-Billy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qric5KmPS6c&list=PL3aSeBfz0A5bhHpmcuitMkD2vrv9-AiDW&index=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZGn4LncY0g&index=18&list=PL3aSeBfz0A5bhHpmcuitMkD2vrv9-AiDW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-F2PnBsnzE

Death metal to classic country. Ffdp is one of my favorite bands. Saw them in a 500 person venue in seattle. By far my favorite show. House of the rising sun is also a good cover by them. Bad company was the name on the back of my last v-8 samurai!
Avenged sevenfold, rob zombie, ozzy, ac/dc, zz top,kid rock, colt ford, haggard, willie Nelson. As long as there is no auto tune, ill rock it

Grew up listening to the old country every morning on the local AM station. Merle Haggard was was my fav, johnny cash mel, mel, mel tillis, etc.
teen years I listened to a lot of the 70s 80s rock and roll...ZZ, Lynyard, AC/DC, VAN Halen, Ted Nugent, etc
As I have aged my taste has changed to mostly Christian rock, but I find myself back on the R and R of my youth. Some days it just has to be the god old back woods bluegrass with lots of banjo and fiddle.....
I guess that fits my ADDDDDDD personality that I live with most of the time.
I will attest to the old adage that ................SILENCE IS DEADLY.......got to have my tunes.

classic country I told my kids on the weekend the people I listen to are mostly dead will also listen to fifties rock

Blues to bluegrass and country to southern rock...mostly if I notice myself boppin with it, I like it....Nothin more better than music that makes the Bettes get up and shake it!

I'm not much on metal but that David Draiman version of Sounds of Silence is an awesome piece. Easily on my top 10 favorites ever. Other artists with songs on that list in no particular order are Lynard Skynard, Dwight Yoakam, Civil Wars, John Prine and Nancy Griffith, Meat Loaf, Mountain, Rhema Marvane, Towns Vanzandt

been into metal since forever, but the ones that really never go out of fashion in my house are my guitar heroes like Michael Schenker ,Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher...

Wow....an extremely diverse collection....

never been into that Soft Jazz stuff...do dig some of the old R&B...BB King...and the newer R&B...Stevie Ray...& Bonammassa...Clapton....

Classic rock, mid 60's to mid 80's. Really like the Southern rock bands, Skynard, Almans, ZZ Top, Marshal Tucker. Also like the stuff from some less played bands like the Moody Blues, Traffic, Iron Butterfly. Of course gotta have some Led Zepplin, AC/DC, some of Guns and Roses stuff. Also like Bob Segar , early Billy Joel, and Harry Chapin.

After the mid 80's, most rock started to suck.

Latest posts

Back