Be safe out there.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endicott_jb

Havre, MT but may as well be the north pole
Got news last night that a friend of mine, Gary(lumpy) Davis passed away on his drive home from a car show due to injuries suffered in a collision. I noticed at the show his tires were showing signs of age, and didn't say anything when I knew I should have. I'm not blaming myself or him but guys, we build these things to drive and enjoy. Don't skip out on the important stuff. Keep up to date with your wheels and tires, install things like seat belts, put in good brakes, a good steering box, and make sure you have safety glass in the car. It may not sound important but you never know what's gonna happen out there on the road. So have fun, build what you love, but most importantly be safe about it all.

This is the truck he was in. 1928 Ford Model A pickup.

That's hard news! Don't blame yourself! The pilot is ultimately responsible for anything they drive...

Sorry for your loss. I think it's easy for a lot of us to neglect maintenance and just drive our vehicles. A solemn reminder to take the extra time before you go for a cruise to make sure your vehicle is safe.

With the small cabs of these old pickups I think it would be tough to make it out alive from any serious accident.

After my steering came loose years ago while I was at freeway speed... I go over all my stuff a couple times a year. A friend had a bucket with no seat belts & his steering came loose & he hit a fireplug & was ejected & barely missed a telephone pole! IT happens if you know what i mean... be careful!

BoB

Latest posts

Back