I couldn't pass it up.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-R-POPS

''Rusty Mopar Slacker''
I saw a old friend that said he had a '48 Chevy pick up he didn't know what to do with. So now it's at my house!

The body has no rust thru at all on it.
6 cylinder 4 speed and the rear end has been changed out.
Motor was rebuilt 25 years ago so he says. It's not locked up.
The floor of the be is junk.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it. It'll just have to come to me I guess.
I never have liked the Roman nose look of the hoods on this model.

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 86
planned

[;)[;)[;)fat man IFS W/rack & pinion, small block chevy W/ OD trans, up-graded 12 bolt camaro rearend, patch holes in floor, re-wired to 12 volt, nice 5 spokes, lowered a BIT and drive the heck outta it[dr:D

Later :cool:

LOVE IT !!! I would get it running and drive the heck out of it!!! It's nice that they put the turn signals on the bumper instead of the fenders. Wish it was in MY driveway... ;)

You sure that's not a 51' ? pull handles and wing windows. Nice solid truck.

You're right, parts of it don't look like a '48. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be a mish mash of different years. The bed has the hole for the filler (47-48), the doors are 51 (twist handles and vent windows one year only), the cab also has the fuel filler (49-53), but the cab seems to have the driver's side cowl vent as well, which might make it a 49-50 cab, with a 47-48 bed, and 51 doors. You can determine the year of the cab from the serial number.

Really it doesn't matter too much if you're not restoring it, it's just interesting it seems to be a mash of parts.

I wouldn't pass on it either, pops!

A couple I.D. guides for you: Advanced Design Spotters Guide
Advance Design I.D. Details

You guys all know more about it than I do. All I know is it's in pretty good shape. I'm thinking just get it running and stopping then double my money.
There seems to be lots of Chevy nuts.

It will probably just sit until next winter when I need something to pass the time.

never

Like fill in the quarter windows [cl

nope, l like the view the 5 window cabs have, keeps me from running over other rigs when changing lanes or in down town foot traffic when people don't look where there going and walk out behind when your'e backing up.

Later :cool:

what a great find, wish I found them that nice but I am usually too "frugal" to buy the ones like that.

I prefer the three windows as well

me too, the extra windows look a little out of place to me and are a fiddly chore to install. nothing against the 5 window guys, just my cruddy opinion.

Latest posts

Back