High $ Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a rat or tradational hot rod.

I prefer traditional hotrods. pony cars are a different breed. I found my 16 t bucket body in 1951, low cost build.It didn't get paint until the mid 60's after college and a good job and loans paid off. it had Olds 303 and flat head free parts. , next a 36 chevy coupe with a warmed up 303 Olds, trans and rear. then a 31 chrysler roadster with more 303 stuff, then helped my brother build a T bucket with a Caddy. I prefer traditional hotrods like we built back then, not the stuff that looks like you drug a big magnet thru the scrap yard and started welding on junk.

Lot of work and $$$$ there, but they lost too much of the original car for me. Wheels and tires are butt ugly, don't care for the dash, the pointy exhaust exit looks funky, too.

Maybe I'm becoming a restorer, but if was like it came from the factory I'd like it better. I like the new Hemi, but wish they had converted it to two 4's or a six pack.

Just a armchair quarterback, I'll never own anything like that anyway....

Lot of work and $$$$ there, but they lost too much of the original car for me. Wheels and tires are butt ugly, don't care for the dash, the pointy exhaust exit looks funky, too.

Maybe I'm becoming a restorer, but if was like it came from the factory I'd like it better. I like the new Hemi, but wish they had converted it to two 4's or a six pack.

Just a armchair quarterback, I'll never own anything like that anyway....

I agree... I`m no #`s guy by any means but the 70 cuda is awesome the way it rolled out of the factory. Hard to improve on looks imho. Tech is a different story... the bigblocks took off like a bat out of he11 and handled like crap, just the way I like my musclecars :D some may not agree with that tho :p

Latest posts

Back