38 or 9 Ford RPU. Who built it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip

Dang it... I spent all evening trying to remember, or find a link to, that build, and have had no luck. I can just see his sig line in my head. Almost! :eek:

Help a brother rodder out... [S Before I lose it!

DougnDog built a RPU out of a '47 ford cab. Is that the one you're thinking of?
No. But that may help. Just looking to see how to reinforce a cab like that so it will not fold in half without a roof. I have ideas, but want to see how the other kids do it. My current long term project is getting close to time for a trip to the DMV, so thinking about the next one more seriously.

Thanks, Bob! :D

i ran a 2x2 x 1/8 angle under the cab below the doors front to back. welded it to the cab both bottom and side.
pictures are in "builds" section under "My build". DougnDog
also the way i did the cab top edge and window holes in the door. i drove it like i stole it every day for 5-6 years never a problem. when your ready to build it you can contact me i may have more pictures on doing that. good luck[;)

ps been lurking but had major shoulder surgery at the end of January and dont have use of my r arm and wont have for 6 more weeks. so its hard to type. :rolleyes:

i ran a 2x2 x 1/8 angle under the cab below the doors front to back. welded it to the cab both bottom and side.
pictures are in "builds" section under "My build". DougnDog
also the way i did the cab top edge and window holes in the door. i drove it like i stole it every day for 5-6 years never a problem. when your ready to build it you can contact me i may have more pictures on doing that. good luck[;)

ps been lurking but had major shoulder surgery at the end of January and dont have use of my r arm and wont have for 6 more weeks. so its hard to type. :rolleyes:
Thank you, Good Sir. Retirement is coming soon, so more time for the important things in life. Like the next project! I'll be in touch.

Latest posts

Back