gps tracking device as theft recovery

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exador

As friend and myself was discussing auto theft recovery. Lojack came up but their tracking is not in this area. (SW Ohio) A phone call told me the closest tracking was 100 miles away. So what now?

As I was looking on everyones friend amazon at gps units an ad for gps tracking units shows up.

Could and or can this be used to track and recover a stolen vehicle? Would appreciate first hand knowledge on this if anyone has used this as a theft recovery and protector.

Link included but just as a possible info source.

http://www.amazon.com/Sourcingbay®-..._6?ie=UTF8&qid=1427127630&sr=8-6&keywords=gps

There's a 185 reviews on this product. Have you read any of them?
The ones I read had good things to say about it and it's cheap enough.

That looks like a good price , I might get one. When I drove semi"s , they had gps built into the computers we used to communicate with and they would lose the signal if the truck was under a roof,or in the shop,or even parked under a tree. But other than that,they worked good.Thanks for posting this.

I just started reading some info on this,looks like you have to get a sim card and some kind of cell phone service to make it work.

Some of the more advanced systems will even slow the truck down and kill the engine when the cops catch up with it. :D That has to be embarrassing for the thieves. :mad:

Some of the more advanced systems will even slow the truck down and kill the engine when the cops catch up with it. :D That has to be embarrassing for the thieves. :mad:

I was thinkin the same thing. They got bait cars left along the roads down here that let the thieves in then lock the doors and oh yeah, the whole caper gets recorded!

computer tracking

I think I read where that this one would also work with computer.

As I went thru the list there were several more (sounds as if) they could work.

Latest posts

Back