Mystery coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsoil

Has anyone ever heard of a coupe called Milwaukee? I have some pics that I will scan when the new scanner gets hooked up. Someone told a family member that it could be a Milwaukee. He also has a 29 Essex that he drove into his garage 5 years ago but never started on it.

Last edited:

Attachments

• phone pics 267.jpg
    phone pics 267.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 104
  • phone pics 268.jpg
    phone pics 268.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 94
  • phone pics 269.jpg
    phone pics 269.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 116
  • phone pics 270.jpg
    phone pics 270.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 88
  • phone pics 271.jpg
    phone pics 271.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 83
  • phone pics 272.jpg
    phone pics 272.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I also found the steam engine car info and some railroad stuff and ships when I searched for it.
The wife uncle was told that it could be a Milwaukee and they only made a few of them?
Any other ideas? I want to get better pics in the spring when it is not covered by a tarp and snow.

I'm finding NOTHING more about a "Milwaukee" car. Is the uncle some kind of joker? Did he ever send you for a pail of sparks? A pipe stretcher?

Did some more digging. I think what you have there is a Whippet roadster. The best images I could find are right-drive examples. [S :confused:

Compare these two pics.

whippet.jpg

whippetphone20pics20267.jpg

And some more pics in this link. I believe the windshield and dash define the car. If I'm right, you have a '28 or '29 Whippet.

http://www.classics.co.nz/vehicle.php?vehicleid=342

I think you may have solved the mystery, thanks for the replies and photos.

Actually they are called energy domes. Totally OT, but I guess it does kinda fits in with the "need help identifying" section. Haha. Gotta love some Ohio nerd-rock! :D

Thanks for clearing up the "The energy dome/flower pot deal" often wondered[S
Whippet good. Nice work on the ID Crank.[cl

Sometime I'll have to tell you the story about

the guy that came into the department claiming "they" were after him...LOL but I won't hijack the thread.....

Latest posts

Back