And so it begins!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
And so it begins! I'm yanking the big bad Nailhead & quick change rear end outta my ratty truck to use for my next build... a chopped & dropped '28 Dodge Bros coupe. Gonna slam a Chevy 350 back in the truck & sell it! Ratty trucks hardly go for over $10K on daBay & I have that much in the drivetrain so I'm gonna rob the expensive parts & throw it out there with a 350/350 I have in the shop. It's hot as blue blazes in Texas right now so it's like workin' in a sauna. Maybe I'll drop a few lbs in the process! :D

BoB

Attachments

• outtathere2.jpg
    outtathere2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 58
Sounds like a great plan.

Per the Truck, not the best sellers market right now. Which seems strange as the economy is stable. I do see a lot of rods & Kustoms listed somewhat above realistic pricing. :rolleyes:

I think there will always be a entry-level turn key customer looking for some thing safe to drive at the $10K range.

Last edited:
I love the nailhead but not the cheapest engine in the world when it comes to rebuilding.:eek: :D :cool:
You will most likely have better response to selling with the SBC. Everybody understands them. LOL
Good luck on the sale. The market does seem kind of flat right now except when it comes to something that I want to buy. :rolleyes:
Torchie

Got everything disconnected & hopefully I'll have time to yank it out tomorrow after we go to our fav July 4th gitogether! :D

I love the nailhead but not the cheapest engine in the world when it comes to rebuilding.:eek: :D :cool:

Tell me about it! I used the complete Egge kit ($2,200)... then machine work etc!

The market does seem kind of flat right now except when it comes to something that I want to buy. :rolleyes:

Seems that way!

BoB

The Buick engine will look great in the Dodge coupe. The quickie should be more visible too.

The beast is loose & rarin' to go to it's new home!

The Buick engine will look great in the Dodge coupe. The quickie should be more visible too.

That's what I'm thinkin'!!!

BoB

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 41
nailhead trans

It looks like a dyna trans on your nailhead. how did you like the trans. Back in the day a lot of guys did not like them, I have one on my 401 nailhead that is waiting for a new chassis for my glass 32 roadster body. My stepson has a donor jag with the TH 400 that we will save the trans. would recommend using the TH 400 instead of the dyna. A few years ago the local wrecking yard owner saw my son in the grocery store and said he needed help crushing cars. Any cars or parts with the big red X sprayed on them were free to us, just bring back the scrap iron. one of our keepers was any parts of a Buick he had been storing for several years, no payments had been made for 3 or 4 years. The story was the buick engine had been rebuilt, test ran for 10 minutes, WE pulled the front finned brakes, engine trans,drive line primered fenders and convertible top mech. I had a 364 nailhead in my willys with a Ford stick trans, and a 401 with the TH 400 in my 56 cameo pickup. The nailhead will be right at home in the roadster.

So, what kinda price you thinking on for the truck? Just curious.

After watching sales of other ratty style PU's on daBay I think I should be able to get around $6,500-$7,500 but we'll see.

It looks like a dyna trans on your nailhead. how did you like the trans. Back in the day a lot of guys did not like them, I have one on my 401 nailhead that is waiting for a new chassis for my glass 32 roadster body. My stepson has a donor jag with the TH 400 that we will save the trans. would recommend using the TH 400 instead of the dyna. A few years ago the local wrecking yard owner saw my son in the grocery store and said he needed help crushing cars. Any cars or parts with the big red X sprayed on them were free to us, just bring back the scrap iron. one of our keepers was any parts of a Buick he had been storing for several years, no payments had been made for 3 or 4 years. The story was the buick engine had been rebuilt, test ran for 10 minutes, WE pulled the front finned brakes, engine trans,drive line primered fenders and convertible top mech. I had a 364 nailhead in my willys with a Ford stick trans, and a 401 with the TH 400 in my 56 cameo pickup. The nailhead will be right at home in the roadster.

I had it rebuilt in the beginning & it's been a good tranny this whole time but I really wish I'd put in a 700R4... my fav. I'm gonna take this one off & put a 700 behind it for my coupe!

BoB

The LT1 I'm slammin' in the truck smoked a lil at startup so I'm replacing the valve stem seals. SO much easier when the motor's out of the car! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• seals.JPG
    seals.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 27
I wana see the Coupe. :D

I'll take a picture & post it. The top is chopped & I'm fixing to start on the frame!

Already have the Nailhead out & got the QC out B4 lunch. New engine & tranny fixing to go back in after I put the cheap Ranger rear in place of the quick change. I'll be glad when this is finally finished!!!

BoB

Attachments

• quickisout.jpg
    quickisout.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 24
Tripper, when I lived in Tejas, nobody who used the term "fixing to" ever actually got anything done,lol. That and "Imona" As in Imona fixer up some day.
Just joking, we know you and the great cars you turn out.

Got the new rear end set up & will weld in tomorrow!

I wana see the Coupe. :D

Kinda like he has to run into town to get the pix of the coupe developed huh guys???[ddd:D

Haven't had time to work on the coupe because of the truck but I see some light at the end of the tunnel!

BoB

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 36
  • coupe.JPG
    coupe.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 40
Have everything on the truck put back together & got it started today... what a relief. Gonna put the front clip back on & throw it up on daBay & get to work on my coupe! [cl

BoB

Latest posts

Back