Trading fever

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53 stickfigure

Posted the s10 on craigslist, and after about 20 junk offers, got me a good, running, driving, project. My s10 has alot more invested in it but the trade is worth more to me. Its a purple and silver 70 c10 2wd, 350/powerglide. Its definitely a 20 footer. New purple and silver paint on top of some beginner body work but the truck is soild. After i replace the cheap floor shifter and replace the poorly patched headers, maybe some different wheels, I'll have a nice truck i can customize and make it my own. I have to get the s10 title in my name tomorrow and im off after work to go get it. After driving 50 miles to go look at it in the s10, id almost give it away. The only real bad on the c10 is the 91 bed on it but it will work for now.

Attachments

• 20170806_171519.jpg
    20170806_171519.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20170806_171537.jpg
    20170806_171537.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20170806_171505.jpg
    20170806_171505.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 39
Change the wheel arch on the bed and the other lines are sooo close. Looks good!

Looks like a good project truck and parts are easy to find. Did you get a title? just curious why you would dump a bunch of money into the S10 without transferring the title. What if you get to the courthouse and find out the title is no good, like someone applied for a duplicate or filed a lien? I've had that stuff happen. And lots of other weird crap. It isn't good paper until it is in your name. Just advice I learned the hard way. Carry on.

Looks like a good project truck and parts are easy to find. Did you get a title? just curious why you would dump a bunch of money into the S10 without transferring the title. What if you get to the courthouse and find out the title is no good, like someone applied for a duplicate or filed a lien? I've had that stuff happen. And lots of other weird crap. It isn't good paper until it is in your name. Just advice I learned the hard way. Carry on.

Normally i instantly change the title but the guy i got the s10 from was the owner of a reputable garage. I actually got 2 titles with the 70, an original and a duplicate that he went and got because he couldn't find it, then found it.

Left work to get the truck at 5 and got there at 6. Left there at 6:30 and got home at 10. As soon as i hit the interstate the alternator belt started screaming. Drove to the first exit and found an advance auto parts to get a belt and the brakes went to the floor. The guy i got it from was honest, he said he new nothing about it. He traded for it just for trading material. The brakes would pump up and no leaks so i took back roads all the way home. I cruised home at about 35mph and really enjoyed the ride. I have alot of small bugs to work out but nothing major. It looks to me like the guy who built it got bored and rushed through the finish up stuff to get rid of it.

Ah, those are the adventures that make life fun. I don't do near as much as I used to, trailer lazy nowdays. I bought my 69 Ford crewcab 2300 miles from home and jumped it it, headed out. It hadn't been driven in a year.

Latest posts

Back