Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been irrigating for the last 3 days so progress is limited.

I did get the exhaust over the cross members and headed in the right direction.
I ordered a 2 1/2" in and 2 1/2" out muffler and exhaust kit and for some reason they sent me a 3" in and 2 1/2" out muffler. I don't guess it makes any difference other than a little more time to make the reducer pipe so we are going on with it.

Maybe the larger inlet muffler will act as an expansion chamber and give me another 50 hp. [S[S OR NOT.

Maybe I can finish this tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG-4422.jpg
    IMG-4422.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-4423.jpg
    IMG-4423.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-4424.jpg
    IMG-4424.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-4425.jpg
    IMG-4425.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-4426.jpg
    IMG-4426.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 24
A lot of factory systems use a 3" single into a dual outlet 2.5" muffler, so it looks sorta like factory on there Pops. Will probably help it breath anyway, since both sides are dumped into it, then the cooler exhaust at the muffler is split up.

A lot of factory systems use a 3" single into a dual outlet 2.5" muffler, so it looks sorta like factory on there Pops. Will probably help it breath anyway, since both sides are dumped into it, then the cooler exhaust at the muffler is split up.

It will work I'm sure. I considered running duals on it but room is too tight under this thing.

I had to have the rear bumper on to get the tail pipes where I want them but I didn't want to take it back off . But it wasn't painted yet,
So today I cleaned up both front and rear bumpers, mixed up my secondary paint color and sprayed them early this morning.

I managed to get them installed with out marring the fresh paint. I'm liking this Summit Racing
Hot Rod Flat paint. It goes on great and dries to touch in no time. Not to mention its cheap.

Now I can run the tail pipes, Maybe tomorrow. [S[S[;)[;)[S[S

Attachments

• IMG-4436.jpg
    IMG-4436.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-4438.jpg
    IMG-4438.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have a '91 Ford truck with 'semi' dual exhaust like yours, just the back half. It has a 5 litre, [Windsor 302, mostly] V-8. It looks like it has duals and it sounds like it has duals. You'll be just fine with that set-up.

Progress.......

After a week of tomorrows I finally got the exhaust finished up.
Too many other irons in the fire.

Next up is to convert the in tank fuel pump to one that will supply the TBI
with the right pressure and a return line.

Attachments

• IMG-4462.jpg
    IMG-4462.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-4458.jpg
    IMG-4458.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-4463.jpg
    IMG-4463.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 19
It will work I'm sure. I considered running duals on it but room is too tight under this thing.

On my 46 both pipes go to the passenger side like yours, the mufflers are standing upright, and then proceed to the back. Full duals, but it makes it real easy to put in an H-pipe. You have a bigger trans and crossmembers and a transfer case, but it looks like you have room to do duals if your heart was set on it.

On my 46 both pipes go to the passenger side like yours, the mufflers are standing upright, and then proceed to the back. Full duals, but it makes it real easy to put in an H-pipe. You have a bigger trans and crossmembers and a transfer case, but it looks like you have room to do duals if your heart was set on it.

I thought along those lines for a minute. Then I decided for what I have planned for this thing it wasn't worth it. KISS is now my middle name.

I found out the fuel pump for a 2006 Dakota has a 80psi max pressure with a 58psi system pressure which is perfect for the FI Tech TBI. With a slight modification to the mounting flange [cut the locating tab off] I was able to use the plastic threaded tank nut from the 1995 donor tank.

Installed a return line bung fitting and a vent/roller valve fitting in the top of the tank.

A second 60 mile round trip to the big city for more 6an fittings and a few minutes in the morning to finish plumbing the lines, install a pressure gauge and I have it made.

I'm thinking I might be ready to fire this puppy for the first time by the end of next week!!![cl[S:cool::eek:

Attachments

• IMG-4465.jpg
    IMG-4465.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-4469.jpg
    IMG-4469.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-4468.jpg
    IMG-4468.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-4466-3.jpg
    IMG-4466-3.jpg