1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am confused as to why everyone is bummed he sold it. It isn't like he crushed it. The car is still out there in all of it's glory just with a new owner. ZZ does excellent work and obviously enjoys the build process. I am happy he sold it because now I can spend another year or two gaining new insight as to how he builds stuff and be amazed again at another creation. I say Great job ZZ![cl

I am confused as to why everyone is bummed he sold it. It isn't like he crushed it. The car is still out there in all of it's glory just with a new owner. ZZ does excellent work and obviously enjoys the build process. I am happy he sold it because now I can spend another year or two gaining new insight as to how he builds stuff and be amazed again at another creation. I say Great job ZZ![cl

I`m with jfg. I say now we all get to follow the 90 pages of the next project, and so on. Plus there is now a way-cool 80 year old cruising around in what may be his dream car. So I say we all win. :cool:

Thanks guys for the comps, just dropped in to browse what's new and spotted the updates. I'm working on my tan in sunny Arizona 'till April but have been gathering some parts - so cheap down here compared to what we pay in Canada and usually free shipping to boot ! Still hunting for the right car to dive into but that will come.....
Here's a few more pics of the 34 showing the transformation from almost junk to born again.

See y'all in the spring !:)

Attachments

• aug 22 10 34 cadillac 003z.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac 003z.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 138
  • nov 28 11 34 cadillac 013.jpg
    nov 28 11 34 cadillac 013.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC00684.jpg
    DSC00684.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC03419.jpg
    DSC03419.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 142
Hey ZZ, When I joined RRR, this is one of the 1st builds I looked at.
I went to the start to catch up and followed your build. I still can't get over how sharp this turned out!!!!!!!!!
Are the rear side windows stationary ?
Are the driver and passenger doors power ?

Last edited:
Hey ZZ, When I joined RRR, this is one of the 1st builds I looked at.
I went to the start to catch up and followed your build. I still can't get over how sharp this turned out!!!!!!!!!
Are the rear side windows stationary ?
Are the driver and passenger doors power ?

Thanks man :D.
Yes, the rear quarter windows are stationary, wasn't much room to fit a winder motor in. Right again, the door windows are power, also I used the Magnum Shooter brand door contacts to power them. Since the windows in the lengthened doors were so long ( 41" ) , I had the glass shop do them in solid tempered glass. If you use laminated glass and slam the door with the window part or all the way down, it's real easy to crack the glass.

Hmmm, either I gave it away or he's dreaming at that price.. [S

He might be dreaming or maybe not, it is a very unusual car and has great lines and I dought very much another would show up at any show or cruze and that in itself is worth a lot to many people.
So now when you go to sell the Packard will ya ask just a bit more?

Hmmm, either I gave it away or he's dreaming at that price.. [S

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks he's smoking something :confused:

It's a beautiful car, and I saw in person that it was very well done, so I mean no offense at all, I just don't feel it's worth that money. Clearly I'm not the only one since it's still for sale. I think it's worth a pile to the right guy, just maybe not that big of a pile.

Latest posts

Back