1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed!

Looks like a mild chop job as well... your opinion, zz?

Maybe just an inch chop, though the angle of the shot makes it tough to call - losing the vent wing does make the door look longer tho... Leaning the post forward matches the slope of the rear window somewhat which I like. I'm going to go a bit further by taking 1 inch more out of the rear of the roof to level it and pull the base of the back window a couple inches toward the trunk to give even more flow to the roof, also filling the top as they did.

never would have thought to lean the posts like that.. definitely improves the look.. which is hard to improve on such good lines to begin with... this will be another awesome build.

attachment.php
Got some work done in the shop, wired, insulated and drywalled. Built a quick and dirty bench and shelves from leftover materials.
attachment.php

Sparked up the welder for the first time in its new home and built a rack to store my steel collection. Ooops, sideways shot....
attachment.php

Packard is still in a pile, waiting while I move the rest of my tools and stuff into the new shop.
attachment.php

Still a mess, though the Hennway will get to graduate to living in my house garage once everything gets sorted out in here. LED lights are a nice upgrade, can actually see what I'm doing now!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 121
That sideways shot had me scratching my head for a moment.[S[S Was wondering what kind of magnet you had in the ceiling to keep all that steel up there without falling! :D:D

Shop's looking great ZZ...don't remember if you mentioned
the dimensions if you don't mind saying....

waiting for the sparks to fly....[P[P
29 x 20 - (55 sq.m) -- not as big as I wanted, it's the max size allowed by the city on a slab type foundation. To convert it to a footing and foundation wall would have required the original 20 x 22 slab to be cut back, 24" excavation done around the perimeter while somehow lifting the building up at the same time :mad: - translation - $$$$$$

That sideways shot had me scratching my head for a moment.[S[S Was wondering what kind of magnet you had in the ceiling to keep all that steel up there without falling! :D:D

Trying to keep people guessin' :cool: I couldn't seem to get it to upload any other way..

air compressor ????

ZZ What is your plan for your air compressor? Since your neighbor was so "cooperative" with your plans, I would consider some why to have it outside so you can share the your enjoyment of the smaller space than you wanted. I really get tired of hearing mine in my too small shop. it Is yours a vertical or horizontal? it looks great BTW. I am looking for ways to maximize floor space with limited sq ft.

ZZ What is your plan for your air compressor? Since your neighbor was so "cooperative" with your plans, I would consider some why to have it outside so you can share the your enjoyment of the smaller space than you wanted. I really get tired of hearing mine in my too small shop. it Is yours a vertical or horizontal? it looks great BTW. I am looking for ways to maximize floor space with limited sq ft.
Maximizing floor space is great! It gives you more room to put stuff. :D

Trying to keep people guessin' :cool: I couldn't seem to get it to upload any other way..

Several of us are having that problem.
I took mine with the phone vertically because, I heard horizontal will rotate the pics on here but, it still flopped them sideways when I posted them.

Its a vertical unit, going in the corner - I always have earplugs in when in the shop anyways. Trying to preserve what hearing I have left after growing up blasting Led Zep & Black Sabbath, AC DC,:rolleyes: etc. Right now its one big mess crammed together after clearing out my garage for its makeover.

Several of us are having that problem.
I took mine with the phone vertically because, I heard horizontal will rotate the pics on here but, it still flopped them sideways when I posted them.
Yep, it's an iphone thing I guess, when I preveiwed it, it was OK. - don't even use my digital camera anymore, it's a smartphone world now.[S

attachment.php
The 'ol garage makeover in progress, 25 years of abuse to the drywall getting smoothed over, it never was taped.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 93

Latest posts

Back